Compatibility layers for XP

404notfound

31 minutes ago, Dibya said:

I have no said you can compile it but some can see atleast what i am doing .

Interesting,"Non-compilable source code", your personal dictionary has "queer" entries, I just however added it to mine with definition:

"a bunch of mostly senseless random strings, sometimes used to show to some what one is doing while pretending it being a computer project source code"

jaclaz

8 hours ago, jaclaz said:

Interesting,"Non-compilable source code", your personal dictionary has "queer" entries, I just however added it to mine with definition:

"a bunch of mostly senseless random strings, sometimes used to show to some what one is doing while pretending it being a computer project source code"

jaclaz

Man I never compile anything . Those codes are simply code caved inside system files . if some one wants cpp or c file . I will provide later on .

6 hours ago, Dibya said:

Those codes are simply code caved inside system files .

No, they are NOT, right now they are ONLY a bunch of senseless, unreferenced strings, that most probably you can (although I seriously doubt it) use as some form of mnemonics to make a number of modifications to system files.

Try doing this mental experiment, imagine that your computer and all your data including files and notes are not available, let's say you are on a trip abroad and you cannot reach your computer nor anything in India, the only thing you have is a pristine (perfectly working) unpatched XP install on a computer and access to Github and to the public internet.

Do you believe that in the above condition you can re-create EXACTLY the patches and apply them?

If Yes, then your *whatever* is sufficiently self-contained and replicable, at least by you, good. :), now try pointing a friend of yours, an average experience low-level programmer to that Github page, give him a reasonable amount of time, let's say 5 to 10 hours, to recreate from the contents of Github the SAME, EXACT results contained in the installer.

Do you believe he will manage to do it?

If Yes, then your *whatever* can be considered some sort of replicable source code, otherwise it remains a bunch of senseless, unreferenced strings.

jaclaz

On the fact that the Avast with the file "dwmapi.dll" strikes, I have already informed Dibya, should be replaced. Well, the April patch day is coming next Tuesday and no updated Extended XP package for March 2017 has yet been made available. When is this to happen? Then, by means of the latest updates from MS, some files from Extended XP may have to be changed again. Here the continuity is missing, so that interested users can test at all and report errors. It is not useful if an Extended XP package appears from March as if in April, by updates of MS, possibly files are overwritten. As tests do not lead to any desired result, but only to chaos.

:)

18 hours ago, jaclaz said:

No, they are NOT, right now they are ONLY a bunch of senseless, unreferenced strings, that most probably you can (although I seriously doubt it) use as some form of mnemonics to make a number of modifications to system files.

Try doing this mental experiment, imagine that your computer and all your data including files and notes are not available, let's say you are on a trip abroad and you cannot reach your computer nor anything in India, the only thing you have is a pristine (perfectly working) unpatched XP install on a computer and access to Github and to the public internet.

Do you believe that in the above condition you can re-create EXACTLY the patches and apply them?

If Yes, then your *whatever* is sufficiently self-contained and replicable, at least by you, good. :), now try pointing a friend of yours, an average experience low-level programmer to that Github page, give him a reasonable amount of time, let's say 5 to 10 hours, to recreate from the contents of Github the SAME, EXACT results contained in the installer.

Do you believe he will manage to do it?

If Yes, then your *whatever* can be considered some sort of replicable source code, otherwise it remains a bunch of senseless, unreferenced strings.

jaclaz

I will make a tutorial for modding System dlls . Soon .

Assembly ones are stub which do return value .

and c one are my rewritten code by analyzing win 7 /8 files under disassembler . Condition variable function are by BlackWingCat