Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.5.3

12 minutes ago, Ex_Brit said:

OK great thanks very much.   I tried it but I think it failed, see attached.

Capture.JPG

Check 'symbols' folder which has appeared. Inside there shall be some more folders. Go inside every of them and check if there are .PDB files in them. If there are, restart your PC.

Edited by MDJ

• 9 months later...

I have the same issue, but my aero keeps turning off every once in a while. And I kept reinstalling it. Then I ran the check batch file, and now I'm stuck without aero completely. Any suggestions?

Hey Guys, I'm trying to get a working Aero on build 1809
I see that now is avariable the experimental build and it sees working good for me
I just don't like to have debug windows always visible
There can be any way for don't have debug windows and messages with 1809...or a stable/final version for 1809? :)

Thank you so much for continue this AMAZING project, I really hate Windows 10 with normal white/single colour windows, it's a graphic deterioration/downgrade from win 7 :thumbdown
Windows 10 must be with your aero enabled by default:hello:

15 hours ago, franDj99 said:

Hey Guys, I'm trying to get a working Aero on build 1809
I see that now is avariable the experimental build and it sees working good for me
I just don't like to have debug windows always visible
There can be any way for don't have debug windows and messages with 1809...or a stable/final version for 1809? :)

Thank you so much for continue this AMAZING project, I really hate Windows 10 with normal white/single colour windows, it's a graphic deterioration/downgrade from win 7 :thumbdown
Windows 10 must be with your aero enabled by default:hello:

You have to wait for the stable build but yeah Aero Glass is great like that :)

Not sure if anyone done this yet, or whether its because I run at 125% dpi that I have this, but I found it sort of ugly and apparent it was made for lower resolution.

The included atlas file is with correction for 'sharper' yet smoothed corners on buttons.

corrected.png

win7-mt2.7z

Edited by MT_

• 4 months later...

The history teaches us it takes few months if all goes well. From the changelogs, there was/is some preliminary support for the older insider builds of 1903 in recent releases of Aero Glass, but it doesn't work anymore due to significant changes to the compositor.

I always do a clean reinstallation on my PCs every 6 months for Windows update, but this time I probably will wait for Aero support, at least for my main notebook, because by now I can't watch orrible title bars🙈

If bigmiscle will read this, I don't want to "pretend" an update, but I just want to say thanks for his amazing work. I hope there would be something like a beta (without the debug windows at startup) for who like me that can't live without aero, but can live with some bugs

I'm running 1.5.11, on Windows 10 v1809. Aero is not working, but I know for sure this is not an issue with AeroGlass.

I'm having a strange issue where my graphics card ( nVidia GTX 960 ) shows up in some places, but not all.

Attempting to remove and reinstall the drivers also presents issues. It is possible for me to upgrade them to each new release, but only the graphics driver portion of the install goes through, everything else always fails. Relying on the drivers supplied through Microsoft and Windows just looks terrible when compared to OEM updated drivers. I used to use the MSI Afterburner with my card. but when I updated to Windows v1809 I noticed that MSI Afterburner no longer recognized my card. But I can see the information in the Device Manager and also by using GPU-Z.

I'm assuming this is all just an issue with Windows v1809 and really hope the next update will clear this up for me. Otherwise I will just do a repair install.