Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.5.3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, thank you for your program:D!

But I have some problem, when use sticky note. 

The window buttons(Minimize, Maximize, Close)  is made at head and interrupt me clicking 'trash can' icon of sticky note.. T_T 

when I click the upper right for trash icon, It click close button...

2 hours ago, Ex_Brit said:

This MS Security Update for Win 10 Build 16299.192 seems to break Aeroglass.   FYI   What's the best solution, simply uninstall it for now or.....?

Today my PC has installed several latest updates. I had no problems, Aero Glass just automatically downloaded new symbol files, and that's it. I'm using the same Windows version as you, Aero Glass is of version 1.5.7.

16 hours ago, MDJ said:

Today my PC has installed several latest updates. I had no problems, Aero Glass just automatically downloaded new symbol files, and that's it. I'm using the same Windows version as you, Aero Glass is of version 1.5.7.

Thus far mine haven't updated themselves and therefore I get a pop-up warning @ boot-up that they couldn't update or similar although Aeroglass seems to be working anyway.

Should I perhaps uninstall/reinstall?  (Images below, before retrying and afterwards, you can see it's still working anyway)

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Edited by Ex_Brit

1 hour ago, Ex_Brit said:

Thus far mine haven't updated themselves and therefore I get a pop-up warning @ boot-up that they couldn't update or similar although Aeroglass seems to be working anyway.

Should I perhaps uninstall/reinstall?  (Images below, before retrying and afterwards, you can see it's still working anyway)

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Now I remember that a long while ago I wouldn't get symbol files automatically downloaded despite of having a license. I then would use SymSrv from Windows SDK to get the required files. Perhaps you've this software installed on your PC?

There's also another way to do this. Some time ago someone on this forum uploaded Aero Glass with some unofficial files dedicated for symbol downloading. If you're interested I can send them to you.

Of course, as you say, you could try to reinstall the app, perhaps it'd do the job. By the way, I don't know exactly when but some time in the period of upgrading to Windows 16299 and starting to use the first published debugging Aero Glass version, my machine code has changed. Therefore you could also check if everything is alright with your license key.

Well it's exactly the same machine so the code shouldn't have changed and strange that I'm still getting that pop-up after reinstalling the entire thing on 3 separate OS's.   The only common factor is they all got that security update that changes the OS version to 16299.192.

Perhaps you could forward that to me please.  How do you want to do it?   Attach files here?

Edited by Ex_Brit

4 hours ago, Ex_Brit said:

Well it's exactly the same machine so the code shouldn't have changed and strange that I'm still getting that pop-up after reinstalling the entire thing on 3 separate OS's.   The only common factor is they all got that security update that changes the OS version to 16299.192.

Perhaps you could forward that to me please.  How do you want to do it?   Attach files here?

Just noticed that it's probably Symbol Checker extracted from Windows SDK (haven't checked authenticity though):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/18ic_RdjGMZV97EiiGR9fynmeym9I0z6F/view?usp=sharing

Put files inside Aero Glass installation directory and run .CMD file.

Edited by MDJ

Thanks but I would need step-by-step instructions to do this.    I'm not too clever at this sort of thing. 

I've extracted 4 files ,from that zip and one of them I see is a .cmd.  Do I drop all 4 in that folder or into a new folder inside it?

I'm aware of elevated cmd prompts but what do I put in the cmd window or does clicking that one file do the trick??

6 minutes ago, Ex_Brit said:

Thanks but I would need step-by-step instructions to do this.    I'm not too clever at this sort of thing. 

I've extracted 4 files ,from that zip and one of them I see is a .cmd.  Do I drop all 4 in that folder or into a new folder inside it?

I'm aware of elevated cmd prompts but what do I put in the cmd window or does clicking that one file do the trick??

All of the files go into root directory of Aero Glass. For instance, if you installed Aero Glass to C:\AeroGlass\, then all of the files will go to this folder. To download symbol files you've to run .CMD file like you'd run an application - by double clicking the file.