Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.5.3

13 hours ago, carlitosoo555 said:

Download Applicationframe.pdb with this method:

It seems that this method has worked for several people, I used another method that involves using a third-party tool to activate Aeroglass on those apps.

P.S. I tried downloading Aplicationframe.dll and it also works.

Tried it and it doesn't make any difference, I think the pdb is not even loaded... 

Also getting this in the log file

[0x2EB0:0x634] ApplicationFrame.dll version 10.0.15063.0
[0x2EB0:0x634] ApplicationFrame incompatibility error 0x2

Can you check the version of your ApplicationFrame.dll ?

Thank you.

--edit--

Fixed it

Edited by Tusticles

bigmuscle

BUG in 1.5.5.

Aero Glass not inject UxTSB.dll in Modern Personalization Panel (SystemSettings.exe), unsigned themes are not applied.

You need Process Hacker now to apply unsigned themes via Settings app:

Run the Settings app, then start Process Hacker, right-click on SystemSettings.exe, select Miscellaneous->Inject DLL and pick UxTSB.dll.

Please, fix it.

I use Ultra UX Theme Patcher, and third party themes are working fine here, I need to repach my system today, ThemeUI was not patched for some reason, but after this everything works fine :)

Beztytu%C5%82u_png_300x300_q85.jpg

bigmuscle

BUG in 1.5.5. N2

Sometimes modern app window icons not applied after change Microsoft signed theme to 3rd-party unsigned theme. And sometimes vice versa. Until reboot Windows restart ApplicationFrameHost.exe (?).

Please, fix it.

bug_panel_icons.png

bug_panel_icons_v2.png

bug_panel_icons_v4.png

maybe it's some problem with ApplicationFrameHost.exe injection...

Edited by evgnb

On 20. 8. 2017 at 11:21 PM, NoelC said:

No interest in Apps here, though it would be cool if it were possible to color and back the titles on ribbon-enabled windows like we once could.

Theoretically, this should be changeable in the theme itself. With Windows Style Builder, changing Windows & Caption Buttons > Basic > Frames > Window > Top->TEXTCOLOR works well on Win 8.1, but the same property is ignored on Win10. The global CAPTIONTEXT (there's also INACTIVECAPTIONTEXT) property can be changed under Fonts, Colors, & System Metrics > Fonts & System Metrics. The custom color isn't applied under certain circumstances with that property, I think selected window frame accent color affects this. Those two primarily control caption colors of windows with Aero Basic or classic skin.

This method doesn't seem to have negative side effects when some app chooses to use DrawThemeTextEx API function to render something other than the caption text like the hack in UxTSB.dll does. The text in Alcohol 120% dialogs remains normal. CONTENTALIGNMENT property can also be added under Windows & Caption Buttons > Basic > Frames > Window > Top to be able to center the text or put it on the right. So this one still works. Maybe the same control over the ribbon windows' titles as on Win 8.1 could be achieved by adding the correct property somewhere else.

Edited by UCyborg

On 2017. 08. 20. at 9:55 AM, Dan___ said:

Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.5.5
Windows 10 (version 15063.540) Release version

Photo, Edge, People & Calculator apps now have no Min/Max/Close buttons on the taskbar and zero transparency.
Right Click can still be used to activate these functions which is a good comprimise while MS rolls out Fluent Design.

I will continue to post on this Topic until BM creates a new topic for later versions.

same here...

also, when I try to register or unregister DWMGlass.dll, I get the following error:

image.png.343e44746b62d2de804dfe2e9ed5b56d.png

image.png

Edited by Mostly Harmless
insert picture

7 hours ago, Mostly Harmless said:

same here...

also, when I try to register or unregister DWMGlass.dll, I get the following error:

image.png.343e44746b62d2de804dfe2e9ed5b56d.png

image.png

Launch cmd with admin rights...

cmdadmin.png.52c9513d09234d7af778e708713ddaa4.png

Edited by Tusticles

I seem to have run into a brick wall and can't figure out what went wrong. I've done a fresh install of Windows just to check, but my borders are not getting any BLUR. They are transparent but are not blurring. I have checked the parameters in the registry as well as using the GUI to set blur value but it does not seem to work. Nor does the glass reflection values.

Is something wrong?

Yeh of course.

Running on windows 10 1703 b15063.540 x64 and aeroglass 1.5.5 (latest).

It had worked before, maybe an update broke it idk. But now after a clean install of windows it wouldn't fully work. Only partially (i.e) atlas still gets used, but borders are transparent. Doesn't seem to be in errors in the debug.log even after downloading all symbols.

Hello. I am having trouble seeing the theme atlas files in some of the built in windows programs. In these programs, there is no close/minimize/maximize buttons at all, and to close a program, I need to right click it in the taskbar and select "Close Window." All other programs work fine, showing the defualt Glass8 themeatlas.

Programs that seem to be affected:

Photo Viewer
OneNote
People
Alarm
Edge
Store
Movies
View3d
Voice Recorder

When these programs open, I can see the default Glass8 window theme for a brief moment, but then the solid color paints over the titlebar, rendering it impossible to click or see.

I am using
Aero Glass for Win8.1+ v1.5.5
on
Windows 10 Version 1703; OS Build 15063.540 (x86_64)

Edit: seems like this is an issue endemic to everyone using this version.

photo viewer.png

onenote.png

alarm.png

people.png

edge.png

store.png

movies.png

view3d.png

voicerecorder.png

Edited by time.goblin
update