Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.5.3

2 hours ago, MDJ said:

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Who knows, suddenly instead of adding things to the traditional explorer maybe they get serious about the (so far) useless and totally basic UWP file explorer, after all in the most recent insider builds this UWP explorer received its first changes since its inception, and it was precisely elements of Fluent Design, with Microsoft you never know ...

22-gif.9236

Edited by carlitosoo555

35 minutes ago, carlitosoo555 said:

Who knows, suddenly instead of adding things to the traditional explorer maybe they get serious about the (so far) useless and totally basic UWP file explorer, after all in the most recent insider builds this UWP explorer received its first changes since its inception, and it was precisely elements of Fluent Design, with Microsoft you never know ...

22-gif.9236

Unfortunately, these aren't great news then. Did you see what they've already done with our good ol' Control Panel in Creators Update? I'm afraid that they're going to continue destroying what they've already started :'(

5 hours ago, MDJ said:

Unfortunately, these aren't great news then. Did you see what they've already done with our good ol' Control Panel in Creators Update? I'm afraid that they're going to continue destroying what they've already started :'(

Not sure what you mean. The Control Panel still works the same as ever for me. And I'm on the Creators Update. Now the themes section of the Settings app, that's a completely different story. I'm using the classic personalization reg hack because of that.

6 hours ago, carlitosoo555 said:

22-gif.9236

If AeroGlass will work properly on ModernApps when this gets released I might actually prefer it. Because then I won't really need custom themes anymore [and that looks really nice imo].  But atm Modern Apps are the only thing I'm having issues with AeroGlass on [disabling AeroHost process in Task Scheduler stops the problems for some reason].

2 hours ago, JoshuaVL1988 said:

Not sure what you mean. The Control Panel still works the same as ever for me. And I'm on the Creators Update. Now the themes section of the Settings app, that's a completely different story. I'm using the classic personalization reg hack because of that.

Before commenting you shall perhaps actually try to use Control Panel whilst adding a new user account, changing some personalization and taskbar settings, etc. And what about new settings which are only added to the Settings app? The user constantly gets redirected from Control Panel to Settings and vice versa as, apparently, even Settings don't implement all of the required settings. What a mess. Microsoft have already had a couple of years to do the required changes.

5 hours ago, MDJ said:

Before commenting you shall perhaps actually try to use Control Panel whilst adding a new user account, changing some personalization and taskbar settings, etc. And what about new settings which are only added to the Settings app? The user constantly gets redirected from Control Panel to Settings and vice versa as, apparently, even Settings don't implement all of the required settings. What a mess. Microsoft have already had a couple of years to do the required changes.

Ah, I didn't know MS broke anything there. I haven't used a shared computer since the good old Windows 7 days so I haven't really needed to bother with creating an additional account on my system.  I also never noticed any areas redirecting from Control Panel to Settings app. I guess I'm likely behind the times there since it's having issues I've never noticed, lol.  

Just updated windows to creator update and aero glass still works.

It's not perfect yet, but works. Things changed in AeroGlassGUI

• Disabled both atlas/reflection image for the moment - it reduces glitches.
  • Blur set to 4 (in previous update was 7). Sometimes "blur" effect disappear.

Moved to beta for the moment :)

There is some new atlas/modernframe version to test? :)

Edited by Hadden

• 3 weeks later...

Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.5.4

Windows 10 (version 15063.540) Photos App:  Erratic behavior with the transparent taskbar disappearing and reappearing unpredictably. When it disappears the min/max/close window buttons cannot be selected.

Photos App_no_taskbar.jpg

Edited by Dan___
Winver

On 8/17/2017 at 8:34 PM, Tusticles said:

Some modern apps (People, Calculator, Alarm & Clock etc) have transparency by default (project neon) and aero glass is affecting these apps as well.

Blur effect radius : 0 << Preview

The graphical artifacts are less noticeable when blur effect radius is higher.

Interesting, for my system the People & Calculator apps are now mat black with zero transparency and are not affected by the blur effect radius.

I can only imagine some folks are talking about released Windows versions while others are talking about pre-release Windows.

Aero Glass only supports released versions of Windows.  People of course TRY it with the insider versions, with varying consequences.

-Noel