Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.5.3

I didn't remember that this bug happened in build 15063.413 but to check it I uninstalled the cumulative update KB4022716 (aka 15063.447) and yes, the double text bug in the titlebar on some modern apps also happens in this build, I don't know why I had not noticed it before.

ebd2d002b501b9c3ebecda26b93b8d19093d9740

Edited by carlitosoo555

No new features will be incorporated into RS3 Fall Creators Update, so NOW would be a really good time for BigMuscle to release a debug for it.

Edited by dhjohns

17 hours ago, dhjohns said:

No new features will be incorporated into RS3 Fall Creators Update, so NOW would be a really good time for BigMuscle to release a debug for it.

Especially considering that it works  (almost) for the 16232 which is quite close to the FCU

I think that build 16232 is still very far from the final build, it is true that there will be no "big features", but they will still add small things, in addition, this version of Aeroglass does not work in modern apps in this build and, despite what many here believe or want, these apps are part of the system, if this were not so, Bigmuscle would not care that his program worked in such apps, it's a bit illogical to release a version of Aeroglass for FCU when there is not even one version that works fully on CU.

Edited by carlitosoo555

1 hour ago, carlitosoo555 said:

It's a bit illogical to release a version of Aeroglass for FCU when there is not even one version that works fully on CU.

The AeroGlass version for CU should have been completed in March.  The FCU is finalized with just performance, and stability tweaks being worked on.  This gives BM months to work on the AeroGlass for this version, and he had months for the CU, also.  But, as we can see, there is no AeroGlass for CU yet.  :(  At his rate, we will see the Spring Creators Update 2018 before we get AeroGlass for EITHER build.

Edited by dhjohns

3 minutes ago, dhjohns said:

The AeroGlass version for CU should have been completed in March.  The FCU is finalized with just performance, and stability tweaks being worked on.  This gives BM months to work on the AeroGlass for this version, and he had months for the CU, also.  But, as we can see, there is no AeroGlass for CU yet.  :(  At his rate, we will see the Spring Creators Update 2018 before we get AeroGlass for EITHER build.

Not just performance and stability tweaks, as I said in my previous comment, they will also add small things, I think they will add more elements of Fluent Design to the system, especially to the Settings app.

0c4504fe7989536c844e2c381e21fc0e59164fbe

On 7/4/2017 at 9:52 AM, dhjohns said:

Mice cried, pricked, but continued to gnaw a cactus :D 

P.S. Uninstall and forget that hell. BM is irresponsible developer and don't care much about customers. What's why he always mentioned "donation" for his paid and trial-based buggy app.

I paid him twice (it's a my fault but I always donating to the enthusiastic developers, usually more than $200/year) but don't be stupid like me...

Edited by SeNS

8 hours ago, Mostly Harmless said:

yeah, I think it's time to let AeroGlass go...

It's such a shame - his software has added a beautiful (arguably fundamental) touch to Windows 8, 8.1 and 10's fugly UI, and, the resource usage isn't very significant to boot.

Where could he be?  Why is he not responding?

It would provide us with some peace of mind to receive verbal confirmation from him in that he has not abandoned the project.

Hell, I would donate again if he would continue his work on it.

Alas, it appears I'll have to resort to using Windowblinds again.

----------------------------

BM, in the event that you read this, I beg of you not to give up on this essential application.  You've done a phenomenal job so far.  Please continue to work on it at least for the remainder of this year.  I'll gladly donate what I can if you do.

I don't know if you're sick, or if there's a family emergency, or something else entirely, but I pray you're alright.

Sincerely,

Sam

Everything works fine in the  most part on my end. The only issues I have are with modern apps.  Many of them cause AeroHost to crash and refresh. And there is still the issue with the weird image in the top left corner and that it causes the function some modern apps have in that corner to not work at all [mind it works on the settings app but on apps like TubeCast and so on the button has no effect at all].

Untitled.png

Untitled[1].png

There's also the double title bar bug in certain modern apps that was mentioned by carlitosoo55. I've confirmed it on builds 15063.413 through to 15063.483.

Edited by JoshuaVL1988
Updated info and fixed many typos.

On 7/2/2017 at 3:20 AM, carlitosoo555 said:

I didn't remember that this bug happened in build 15063.413 but to check it I uninstalled the cumulative update KB4022716 (aka 15063.447) and yes, the double text bug in the titlebar on some modern apps also happens in this build, I don't know why I had not noticed it before.

ebd2d002b501b9c3ebecda26b93b8d19093d9740

Ya i tested to see if disabling AeroHost in task scheduler stops that and for some reason it does.  I don't know why, though.

4 hours ago, sbkw1983 said:

It's such a shame - his software has added a beautiful (arguably fundamental) touch to Windows 8, 8.1 and 10's fugly UI, and, the resource usage isn't very significant to boot.

Where could he be?  Why is he not responding?

It would provide us with some peace of mind to receive verbal confirmation from him in that he has not abandoned the project.

Hell, I would donate again if he would continue his work on it.

Alas, it appears I'll have to resort to using Windowblinds again.

----------------------------

BM, in the event that you read this, I beg of you not to give up on this essential application.  You've done a phenomenal job so far.  Please continue to work on it at least for the remainder of this year.  I'll gladly donate what I can if you do.

I don't know if you're sick, or if there's a family emergency, or something else entirely, but I pray you're alright.

Sincerely,

Sam

maybe BM can't fix it anymore

7 hours ago, EDEN2010 said:

maybe BM can't fix it anymore

Here's hoping we get a response from BM on why there haven't been any posts by him here in so long.  I'm kinda worried he might have decided to drop the project as well. If so it will be a real shame. Themeing just isn't the same without it.