Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.5.3

8 hours ago, Zod said:

and hopefully the neon thing brings back full aero support so we don't need aeroglass anymore.

I do not agree! The neon is't even close to what we are use to and if folks are satisfied with that I feel sorry for them.... Keep up the good work BM! :wub:

In build 15063.447 all the apps that have Fluent Design in its title bar look like this with Aeroglass, with double title bar and double text, in the rest of the apps and traditional programs works the same as in the previous build:

0b43e7616aaafc132ca74d24b49745a9bdc356d2

Edited by carlitosoo555

10 hours ago, mikedigitize said:

I do not agree! The neon is't even close to what we are use to and if folks are satisfied with that I feel sorry for them.... Keep up the good work BM! :wub:

That's too bad... I don't really know much about it, so I guess I was hoping it was MS pulling their **** together, and finally bringing back a mostly aero interface.  It always felt like a step back to go from something that look as awesome as Aero to the default win10 setup.  It makes win 10 look like a slightly modern version of Windows ME.

I guess that's why we all use aeroglass.  I don't even do anything special.  I just install it so make my titlebar and borders transparent.  I makes it look so much better.

Aeroglass 1.5.3 works for the build 16232. Even Modern Apps partially works with some inconsistencies that may be due to the atlas theme.  I'll try other themes and report. 1.5.4.904 also works but not with the Modern Apps.

screen.thumb.jpg.d950c61eab32e9b5f3fa2386f46a83b2.jpgThe Classic Shell though gets screwed on this build with Aeroglass running. However, the windows taskbar becomes transparent and blurred the same as the title bars.

Unlike the others, the only bug I'm facing in Creators Update is this:

p1vKrbn.png

And I'm not even using a VS that'd be made specifically for the latest stable Windows version update.

On 2017-06-27 at 0:14 PM, UCyborg said:

What about the taskbar and thumbnail previews? Is it true that they're not skinnable without 3rd party software?

Yeah, these aren't normally skinnable but using StartIsBack one is able to apply specific .msstyles file exclusively for taskbar (and Start Menu if you'd use it).

Edited by MDJ

36 minutes ago, MDJ said:

Unlike the others, the only bug I'm facing in Creators Update is this:

p1vKrbn.png

And I'm not even using a VS that'd be made specifically for the latest stable Windows version update.

Yeah, these aren't normally skinnable but using StartIsBack one is able to apply specific .msstyles file exclusively for taskbar (and Start Menu if you'd use it).

I'm having that same issue with the title bars on Modern Apps. Mind, I've disabled AeroHost.exe via Task Scheduler because it kept crashing with Modern Apps. But I left the DWMGlass.dll hook for use with the title bars on them since it was just AeroHost.exe that kept crashing with Modern Apps [Mind some of the themes I have aren't designed to work with AeroGlass since it's not finished et for Creators Update but I can disable DWMGlass.dll hook before switching to those if I need to].

Since @UCyborg reminded me of taskbar styling I was wondering whether anyone found a way to stylize Jump Lists? StartIsBack doesn't affect them, and they look really ugly in non-black VSs.

Zz7AgVj.png

Also I'm interested in Caption Button glows

big_thumb_62cd4cd27aca6f7d92445fa2d9afdf

and UAC prompts (restoring classic UAC UI with a Registry trick doesn't work any more).

anniversary-update-uac-prompt.png

Even just one of the mentioned ones would be great.

23 minutes ago, MDJ said:

Since @UCyborg reminded me of taskbar styling I was wondering whether anyone found a way to stylize Jump Lists? StartIsBack doesn't affect them, and they look really ugly in non-black VSs.

Zz7AgVj.png

Also I'm interested in Caption Button glows

big_thumb_62cd4cd27aca6f7d92445fa2d9afdf

and UAC prompts (restoring classic UAC UI with a Registry trick doesn't work any more).

anniversary-update-uac-prompt.png

Even just one of the mentioned ones would be great.

If you go into SiB properties and select the Switching tab you'll see an option called "Taskbar and Start Menu Context Menu Style" Changing that also effects the Jump Lists

3PC8Oif.png

Classic is a good setting for themes using custom .msstyles as it makes the jump lists and context menus customiseable by the .msstyles. Theres also other settings available for that feature as well.  

3 minutes ago, JoshuaVL1988 said:

If you go into SiB properties and select the Switching tab you'll see an option called "Taskbar and Start Menu Context Menu Style" Changing that also effects the Jump Lists

3PC8Oif.png

Classic is a good setting for themes using custom .msstyles as it makes the jump lists and context menus customiseable by the .msstyles. Theres also other settings available for that feature as well.  

I've been using Classic for quite a while and now I've tried other options but all of them only affect Context Menus, unfortunately not Jump Lists.

4 hours ago, MDJ said:

I've been using Classic for quite a while and now I've tried other options but all of them only affect Context Menus, unfortunately not Jump Lists.

Strange... they work fine on the jumplists for me.... I wonder if it's only with custom .msstyles...

---EDIT---

NVM ignore that. I just right clicked on my Vivaldi browser icon in the taskbar and that is in fact broken. It was suppose to effect those as well but for some reason its not doing so.... No idea what went wrong....

All I know is it isn't effecting jumplists anymore....

Edited by JoshuaVL1988

On 6/28/2017 at 0:07 PM, carlitosoo555 said:

In build 15063.447 all the apps that have Fluent Design in its title bar look like this with Aeroglass, with double title bar and double text, in the rest of the apps and traditional programs works the same as in the previous build:

0b43e7616aaafc132ca74d24b49745a9bdc356d2

Odd... I'm not getting the double taskbar issue...

wzdVS.png

I even checked with the Paint3D app and didn't get that issue...

@bigmuscle  I went ahead and started up AeroHost process again to get a debug log. This is what I got [not sure if this helps any, lol].

wzemm.jpg

Edited by JoshuaVL1988

2 hours ago, JoshuaVL1988 said:

Odd... I'm not getting the double taskbar issue..

Maybe you should read my comment again, I said clearly that the error occurs in the apps that use elements of Fluent Design ONLY in its titlebar and in build 15063.447 and I can see in one of the images that you are using build 15063.413, also, none of the apps that appear in that image use those elements ONLY in the titlebar, some of the apps that use those elements are: Paint3D, Photos, Movies and TV, The Store.

Edited by carlitosoo555

Apparently @carlitosoo555 is right about double titlebars in some of universal apps. I barely use any of them so I didn't even notice the bug. I'm running the same version of Windows as they.

8 hours ago, carlitosoo555 said:

Maybe you should read my comment again, I said clearly that the error occurs in the apps that use elements of Fluent Design ONLY in its titlebar and in build 15063.447 and I can see in one of the images that you are using build 15063.413, also, none of the apps that appear in that image use those elements ONLY in the titlebar, some of the apps that use those elements are: Paint3D, Photos, Movies and TV, The Store.

I said that I tried Paint3D as well and didn't get that issue, lol. But yeah, I didn't notice I was on 413 instead of 447. So that's my mistake there. It probably doesn't happen in version 413.

---EDIT---

ok now I am getting that weird bug...   No idea why I suddenly started getting it now when I wasn't getting it before... Maybe it's AeroHost.exe doing it. I wasn't running that in the first screenshot....

Edited by JoshuaVL1988