An issue with code blocks.

bizzybody

I just attempted to make a post with a code block in the middle of it. I was taken aback to see that the forum software had removed all the text after the code block. It also converted the code block to an un-editable image when the post is edited. I assume those are "features" someone thought would be some kind of an improvement over other forum software that does neither of these things?

this should not be an image

Edited by bizzybody

"this should not be an image" is not an image, it's text that I just selected, copied, and pasted between quotes.

Above the box [code]

Inside the box[/code]

Under the box

(scripting disabled)

It is an image when I go to edit the post. Having to disable scripting to make it work properly, to allow keeping text posted below a code block, is a bug not a feature, especially when there are web sites that depend on scripting and use it properly.

I see it as an code box while quoting. both double clicking and shortcut captured work. It's also not an image when I select your post and order browser to show post's source. It's

<pre class="ipsCode">	this should not be an image
	</pre>

I'm using Firefox on Windows 7 x64 with a few extensions. Providing us more details about your system might track someone to the right solution.

Bez tytułu.png

When I put text between the code tags then go to edit after posting. I cannot, highlight, edit or change it in any way. It's inside a box with a little widget at the upper left corner and I can drag that, which moves that text as though it's an image.

On 3/11/2017 at 0:29 AM, bizzybody said:

When I put text between the code tags then go to edit after posting. I cannot, highlight, edit or change it in any way. It's inside a box with a little widget at the upper left corner and I can drag that, which moves that text as though it's an image.

You can modify code contents, but not quote. When you edit your post, you see your "codebox" with the widget, you can click on that or the surrounding rectangle. For me it turns blue, but for anyone (in case the forum color gizmo at the top has anything to do with it) it should change to a different color indicating that it is highlighted. Then on the editor format bar, there is the button that looks like this:

<>

You can click that and the pop-out window showing the contents of the code box will be there so you can edit. But like I said, it does not work with the quote, but I think it is because the editor lets you change a quote already.