XP Laptop hardware upgrade ?

Dibya

Hi friends i own a compaq 620 given to me few year ago by mom when she bought a tab .

It came with Intel Core2 Duo Processor T6570 not so great but flies with XP.

I am planning to replace the HDD with  a 500GB SSD to improve performance (It came with a Hitachi 7200RPM drive ).

I has windows seven dual boot but 7 runs slow in many apps .

My question is can i upgrade ram and Graphics card ?

Graphics cannot be upgraded in a laptop like that.

For memory upgrade, check to see what your maximum memory can be. http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=4158455&docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c00820047#N10058

I think it's probably 8GB 1066MHz DDR3, but don't take my word on it. I don't have your exact model number. The link above tells you what to do.

I checked on the HP website and you can definitely upgrade RAM. You have two slots that support 2x4 1066Mhz DDR3 (so 8 GB of RAM). Unfortunately, both CPU and GPU are soldered to the motherboard and you can't replace them. It's pretty common for laptop and notebook.

So bad for GFX card . , i will put 8Gigs. Old games runs very well but thought of doing some newer . I have another pavilion with i5 4th gen and radeon . Somehow i managed to run XP . I will upgrade ram there also . 4GB is no more enough for me . Soldered? I changed my grannies p3 with p4 in her old nt 4.0 laptop i donot wanna do that job again . There are so many pins on that old beast so what helll will be this C2D.

THanks  a lot friends