Shantae Half-Genie Hero

theelf

400_300.jpg

**sorry my english **

Hi,  the other day i get this game, just to get "surprised" did not work on XP

The game ask for some functions in the library dwmapi, (dwmGetCompositionTimingInf, etc)  that are Vista+ only

I tried to hex edit the executable to remove the dependencies, but no luck. It seems the game really uses this functions

Using wie source code, i made a dwmapi compatible with XP (maybe windows 2000),  and now the game is working great. 

Just copy the 3 files in the executable folder of Shantae, and enjoy. Tested in XP SP3

http://www.akihabara-online.com/Main/PC/shantaeXP.zip

I just finish the game, no problems, just a little slow because my hardware, but is not a XP problem  :)

shantae.jpg

Edited by theelf

It looks like you cross-compiled on a Linux system. Do you have a Windows-based compiler? If you recompile it on Windows without the cygwin and libwine bloat (almost 5MB pre-UPX), it should be much leaner and (hopefully) faster.

You might also want to try the Xompie and ReactOS versions of dwmapi.dll.

Hi, i cross compiled in XP x64 cygwin. Just renamed cygwin dll to avoid any posible conflict

I can compile in a native enviroment, but don't worth the time just for a game (anyways is 1.5GB, dont care bout 2 extra mb).  Faster dont think, i tried the game in same machine +  win7, no difference in speed

I tested reactos dwmapi without success, in fact i always keep some dll from reactos, wine, etc just to try first.

I did not know Xompie, looks great, thanks for advice

Edited by theelf