text glow atlas theme for windows 10

hi big muscle or whosoever, its great that you revived the thing what microsoft dumb a** didnt do it till now. i have small request if somebody can create atlas theme for windows 10 with just glow over text. the release preview theme looks odd on windows 10 and too the window borders. if somebody can prepare or give a guide how to make a atlas theme, it would be grateful. i have tried to export the windows10 rtm atlas file but i cannot seem to know where to keep the glow image or how to keep because of transperency of png file.

coming to text glow, i saw that the ribbon ui windows dont exhibit text glow. somebody guide me how to get text glow on ribbon ui windows.

i am using your trial version of glass8+ ver. 1.5.1. a bug report, i tried to find out in forum but didnt find. in version 1.5.2, the modern apps also has glassy titlebar. it works great on uwp apps. the apps built for windows 8.1 has the full screen button on non glass framed in windows 10. but this button disappears on latest aero glass version. the button is functional though, but going to fullscreen means either exit the app or use the app like windows 8. i know i may have confused on last paragraph, in short play asphalt 8 o fullscreen and try to bring back in window mode.

thanks in advance

12 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Not familiar with editing theme atlases, just wanted to say that Ribbon windows are outside of Aero Glass control because their title caption is not rendered by DWM.

I know that its not rendered by dwm because i belive it has to do something with msstyles file. The win8rp theme by winaero has the caption glow on explorer for windows 8.1. Any ideas where the caption glow file exists in .msstyles file?

Caption glow is baked in the theme atlas image. Without special tools, you can extract it from .mssytles or replace it using Resource Hacker. It's the first item under STREAM. .msstyles doesn't have any influence on the Ribbon UI caption text, because it's rendered by the Ribbon Framework, which simply doesn't care what you put in .msstyles and renders it on its own. Classic applications are affected though, unless you use Aero Glass to override the theme atlas. Stock Win10 atlas won't help with glow though, you'll probably have to look at other people' atlases.

Theme Atlas Collection for Windows 10.14393

Big Muscle's UX Theme Signature Bypass DLLs are able to add glow if you use Aero Glass' custom theme atlas feature with the right theme atlas. With the new DLL installation method, it only works with Explorer, with the old AppInit_DLLs way, it will cause certain text in certain applications being rendered with incorrect parameters. So it's a no win, a proper solution to have customized Ribbon UI caption text doesn't exist AFAIK.

• 2 weeks later...

There is another type of glow effect besides the one from the atlas image, composited glow effect. If you find the theme where setting Caption glow effect mode to Use theme settings in Aero Glass GUI produces glow, you should be able to get same type of glow in Ribbon windows. I know for certain such themes exists for Windows 8.1 and 7. Composited glow effect is what you get out of the box on Windows 7.