Simple XP 32BIT 64Gb RAM (true Pae) Guide

liquidLD

10 hours ago, liquidLD said:

Why would anyone use SP1 just to have PAE ? Isnt it more appropriate to use the latest service pack and still have Pae support ?

+1

I discussed this issue previously with rloew and he says there is nothing of interest in HAL.DLL from SP1. The problem is the issue of the potentially buggy drivers as exhibited by the USB issue, NOT whatever was changed in HAL.DLL. Reverting to the SP1 HAL.DLL will not prevent the potentially buggy driver problem so therefore it is no better a solution than patching the SP3 version or a later HotFix version if available.

On 03.01.2017 at 0:40 AM, FranceBB said:

@liquidLD... that's simply the Chinese patch which has been discussed over and over again and it may create some incompatibilities with USB drivers (as it has been discussed over and over again). There's another patch as well, which is the Russian patch, which achieves the same result as the Chinese one (same files), but includes some sys files from Windows Server 2003 x86 in order to avoid (well, at least, to limit) the USB issue discovered. I have been using the same method you posted for months, then I switched to the Russian patch 'cause I was too lazy to replace system files with the ones from Windows Server 2003 x86. 

@bluebolt... yes, I think it should be merged to the other main topic too.

Oh,okay, I didnt even know it is chinese. It just worked for me. And yeah,I noticed some USB issues, like not being able to format an USb pendrive.

Edit > can I have a link to the russian patch too,please ? The board is pretty confusing for a new guy. ty

Edited by liquidLD

On 03.01.2017 at 5:46 AM, Dibya said:

You can grab my 128 G patch from RyanVM forum . It has all usb drivers and hall fixes

one more question does RyanVm.net is down

Your patch doesn't have the Usb issue ? As far as you know it is 'stable' ? (As stable as a hack can be,ofc ) . I will give it a try,ty .

1 hour ago, liquidLD said:

Your patch doesn't have the Usb issue ? As far as you know it is 'stable' ? (As stable as a hack can be,ofc ) . I will give it a try,ty .

Yes IT has usb fixes

1 minute ago, Dibya said:

Yes IT has usb fixes

Can I have the link to it ? I looked in the long thread,but I cant seem to find it. Or at,least that Usbport.sys win2k server file from somewhere ?

I would be curious to know which file(s) IP (apart "ENTRIES_DIBYA.ini") would justify the "byDibya" suffix in the .7z filename. :dubbio:

But no, don't waste the time replying, sometimes old grumpy bastards like yours truly have these doubts, and express them, even when they already know the answers.

jaclaz

19 hours ago, jaclaz said:

I would be curious to know which file(s) IP (apart "ENTRIES_DIBYA.ini") would justify the "byDibya" suffix in the .7z filename. :dubbio:

But no, don't waste the time replying, sometimes old grumpy bastards like yours truly have these doubts, and express them, even when they already know the answers.

jaclaz

Those are nlite addon entries ENTRIES_DIBYA.ini

byDibya I have just written .

On giovedì 5 gennaio 2017 at 0:25 PM, Dibya said:

Those are nlite addon entries ENTRIES_DIBYA.ini

byDibya I have just written .

What was the difficult part in "apart "ENTRIES_DIBYA.ini"?

Which contents are:

;==================================================================================
;# Special thanks to 5eraph and Ramsey (admin of zone54)
;# thanks a whole lot to user_hidden for update pack
:# thank a whole lot to harkaz for SP4 and patched file
;# -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
;# This file contains a list of all entries that need to be added to various Windows
;# Thanks a  lot to all guys/gals of zone62,msfn,driverpackforum, ryanvm forum,wincert,overclocker.
;# Greatest respect and thanks to nuhi for nlite and Ryan ,Signet for RVMi
;===================================================================================
;This section contains version info for nLite&
[general]
builddate=2/11/2016
description=This patch will remove 3.25Gb Ram limit of xp sp3 32bitand extend the limit to 128GB
language=English
title=Dibya"s RAM PAE LIMIT PATCH ADDON
version=1.0
website=www.Ryanvm.net

You didn't even write two lines to explain how to use that, you don't - even sideways - mention the source of the files, yet it is "Dibya's" and "by_Dybia".

Sorry, gotta go, I have a meeting with an editor that is going to publish "A Christmas Carol" by jaclaz.

jaclaz

1 hour ago, jaclaz said:

What was the difficult part in "apart "ENTRIES_DIBYA.ini"?

Which contents are:

;==================================================================================
;# Special thanks to 5eraph and Ramsey (admin of zone54)
;# thanks a whole lot to user_hidden for update pack
:# thank a whole lot to harkaz for SP4 and patched file
;# -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
;# This file contains a list of all entries that need to be added to various Windows
;# Thanks a  lot to all guys/gals of zone62,msfn,driverpackforum, ryanvm forum,wincert,overclocker.
;# Greatest respect and thanks to nuhi for nlite and Ryan ,Signet for RVMi
;===================================================================================
;This section contains version info for nLite&
[general]
builddate=2/11/2016
description=This patch will remove 3.25Gb Ram limit of xp sp3 32bitand extend the limit to 128GB
language=English
title=Dibya"s RAM PAE LIMIT PATCH ADDON
version=1.0
website=www.Ryanvm.net

You didn't even write two lines to explain how to use that, you don't - even sideways - mention the source of the files, yet it is "Dibya's" and "by_Dybia".

Sorry, gotta go, I have a meeting with an editor that is going to publish "A Christmas Carol" by jaclaz.

jaclaz

MY dear with out those entries nlite will not slipstream anything more over it will not detect it as valid addon .

Best of Luck  . I wanna listen your Christmas  carol .

20 minutes ago, Dibya said:

I wanna listen your Christmas  carol .

I am afraid it will be impossible, for some reasons my editor seems to believe that it is not correct to attach "by jaclaz" to a work by Charles Dickens, and he won't publish it.

He seems to think that misrepresenting the Authorship of something is somehow ethically wrong. :dubbio:(and - crazy it may seem - this applies also to work which is not anymore under copyright, patent or any other IP protection).

jaclaz

• 4 months later...

Hello.

I've tried with your patch, but I have problems.

The patch only shows one core.

When I install my Wi-Fi card, the usb ports stop working and then the operating system stops.

Would you have any suggestions? I would appreciate it very much. :)

• 1 month later...

I have tried this patch - last version on 3 machines and 4 installation, almost clean Windows XP SP3 installation worked, but for my older installation i always got Page_fault error during boot - i still time to check error logs (no minidumps and nothing in the nblog even when i use enable logging boot option), but patch is not probably compatible with some my favorite application which need a driver.

Edited by ruthan

8 hours ago, ruthan said:

I have tried this patch - last version on 3 machines and 4 installation, almost clean Windows XP SP3 installation worked, but for my older installation i always got Page_fault error during boot - i still time to check error logs (no minidumps and nothing in the nblog even when i use enable logging boot option), but patch is not probably compatible with some my favorite application which need a driver.

In other words, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Extremely useful feedback, thanks :).

jaclaz

14 hours ago, jaclaz said:

In other words, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Extremely useful feedback, thanks :).

jaclaz

Yeah, because otherwise someone could think that it working everywhere, if there would be some readme file about how to debug it, it would already post some logs. Its booting on clean system with same HW and in 32 bit mode, so it would be HW issue, to list here list of hw make no sense, now i can post only very long Autoruns log.

Edited by ruthan