Problems accessing certain sites (Https aka TLS)

11 hours ago, Mathwiz said:

What are you folks trying to accomplish here?

I only checked the probable possibility of using an alternative library, for example, if it had support for other encryption methods or support for TLS 1.3.

11 hours ago, Mathwiz said:

Might be better off just migrating to ReactOS

This OS is so unstable that it cannot be used even for tests.

• 3 weeks later...

I've read the whole topic, but I lack the basic knowledge, and heinoganda is not on forums for few months... so can anyone help me concerning opening problematic sites on XP SP3 for x86, with Chrome 49.0.2623.112?

• 6 months later...

Since I have a few Raspberry Pi's up running already I was wondering if there was a way to use one of them in the same way as ProxHTTPSProxy to get TLS 1.3 support?

Searched around a bit for a proxy server on Linux and there are quite a few but was hoping to find a simple one so if anyone have any pointers I'm all ears.

Anyone knows where to find the latest Python source code to this HTTPSProxy, is it available somewhere?

Despite my low Python skills I would love to try to get it to run on a Raspberry Pi with latest Python 3.6+ to get support for TLS 1.3.

56 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

@heinogandais the one to help with that, I hope he's still around.
Try sending him a PM.
:)

Thanks, sent him a PM a few days ago and hope he still visits this site.

Being able to run the HTTPSProxy on Linux would be awesome. My guess is that even a Raspberry Pi Zero W for $10 would be fast enough to handle the work for a couple of "legacy XP clients" on my LAN.

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, DbLH3liX said:

Oh the irony of not being able to follow your links :buehehe:

Welcome to MSFN. I have reviewed all of your posts. As you have correctly guessed, Chrome 49 has no cipher suites for TLS 1.2. The simplest solution is to install Firefox 52.9.0. Here’s a link where you can download an offline installer for the UK (en-GB) language version (although it might be rather Yank of me to assume that Australian English is more like British than American, but there is no special Australian version):

https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/52.9.0esr/win32/en-GB/

You might have to use your Win8.1 to download, then transfer to your XP and/or Vista systems with removable media to install.

Later on, you may want to consider roytam1’s Firefox-based browser builds, or perhaps Extreme Explorer 360 (which is Chromium-based).

On 5/19/2021 at 5:58 AM, Vistapocalypse said:

Welcome to MSFN. I have reviewed all of your posts. As you have correctly guessed, Chrome 49 has no cipher suites for TLS 1.2. The simplest solution is to install Firefox 52.9.0. Here’s a link where you can download an offline installer for the UK (en-GB) language version (although it might be rather Yank of me to assume that Australian English is more like British than American, but there is no special Australian version):

https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/52.9.0esr/win32/en-GB/

You might have to use your Win8.1 to download, then transfer to your XP and/or Vista systems with removable media to install.

Later on, you may want to consider roytam1’s Firefox-based browser builds, or perhaps Extreme Explorer 360 (which is Chromium-based).

Later on? Why? Does Explorer 360 have a bit of a learning curve? That was what I downloaded, but yet to install :whistle:

I think I stopped using FF at 3.1 when they added the app cache(??) It didn't play nicely with XP.

Thank you for the welcome (and the review of my posts lol)

• 8 months later...
On 10/29/2018 at 4:11 PM, Thomas S. said:

Hi all,

I have created a little suite of HTTPSProxy with a Launcher, that has multiple options and is full portable.

The reason was that I was not happy about several standalone solutions to manage the HTTPS connections in WinXP, so I edited an old project (SysTrayIcon) and adapted it to HTTPSProxy.

Also HTTPSProxy is as new as possible with little enhancements, see the documentation (changelog.txt)

Installation see Installation-Update_EN.txt or Installation-Update_DE.txt, it is very easy (only copy and run...)

You can read a detailed LauncherHelp_EN.txt (also in DE) attached, there are all options explained.

The programs, certs and tools are up to date!

Download link

pasword (full copy & paste do not work, type the last number!):

rzeYaSFFo8cqVv2

If you have trouble with install or usage please send me a PN.

I will help as soon as possible!

Information: it is a known issue / limitation, that some AV software detect the suite / some exe files as malicious, but it is not truth. The HTTPSProxy exe is build with Python / pyInstaller and the Launcher exe with Autohotkey. It seems that the "compilers" use code that is similar to some malicious software. Sorry, I can only say: if you don't trust this suite, don't install it... I can't solve this problem.

CU TS

Launcher - Options.jpg

Launcher - Proxy settings - Log GUI.jpg

New version of HTTPSProxy without bug (for information about the fixed bug see the next post).

HTTPSProxy_2018-11-06_OK.jpg

The python module / library versions are variables, read out and displayed at runtime.

Hi there,

I installed 3 Vm's. I would run the program in my host system so the program doesn't have to run inside the vm. My host system is Windows 10. Are there any options? @RainyShadow

Edited by maile3241

Hi there,

I installed 3 Vm's. I would run the program in my host system so the program doesn't have to run inside the vm. My host system is Windows 10. Are there any options?

Edited by maile3241

Hi there,

I installed 3 Vm's. I would run the program in my host system so the program doesn't have to run inside the vm. My host system is Windows 10. Are there any options?

Edited by maile3241