Windows Vista SP1/SP2 UEFI

burd

Yes, but "I tried x and it didn't work" or "I tried y and it didn't work" are unfortunately not detailed enough reports to attempt helping you.

I know it is a PITA, but each of the *whatever* you tried implies a number of choices and an almost infinite number of possibilities on EXACTLY how it is carried.

We don't even know how EXACTLY (and no "Partitioning:GPT Format(Windows 10 is preinstalled so)" is not a description of how EXACTLY) your disk is partitioned.

You previously hinted that Windows 7 install in csm mode worked (or did you mean that booting the install media of Windows 7 in csm mode worked)?

Maybe we could start from the beginning.

BIOS (or CSM) booting works as follows:

BIOS->MBR of first disk->bootsector of active partition in MBR->BOOTMGR->Settings in \boot\BCD->windows\System32\WINLOAD.EXE->Windows

UEFI booting:

UEFI->EFI bootloader in EFI NVRAM (residing on a FAT32 dedicated partiton) typically \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi ->Settings in \EFI\MICROSOFT\BOOT\BCD->\windows\system32\winload.efi -> Windows

If you actually had installed *something* you shouldn't be able to still boot Windows 10 (unless you installed on different partitions/in some strange ways) :dubbio:.

Please boot the Windows 10 and post the output of the diskpart command like in here:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn336950.aspx

DISKPART> select disk 0
DISKPART> list volume

Volume ###  Ltr  Label   Fs     Type        Size     Status     Info
  ----------  ---  ------  -----  ----------  -------  ---------  ------
  Volume 0     D           NTFS   Partition    103 GB  Healthy
  Volume 1     C           NTFS   Partition     49 GB  Healthy    Boot
  Volume 2     S           FAT32  Partition    200 MB  Healthy    System

so that we can understand your Disk partitioning (and mounting letters).

Do you have a working DVD drive so that we can try directly from a DVD instead of using a USB stick?

Or can you boot from USB a (Windows 7 based is better) PE of some kind (as said if you can boot the Windows 7 install media or an iso image it will be OK)?

From it (see here):

https://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/29504-bios-mode-see-if-windows-boot-uefi-legacy-mode.html

run:

wpeutil UpdateBootInfo

and:

reg query HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control /v PEFirmwareType

thus detecting if you could boot in UEFI or are still in CSM mode?

jaclaz 

Edited by jaclaz

My SSD and HDD both are prepartitioned to GPT my friend and yes,Windows 7 installation media booted with csm support,I have a dvd drive and can boot from a Pendrive/ExternalHDD,I tried installing Windows Vista/7 on a different HDD,Windows 10 is currently on an SSD,Im currently in only UEFI mode not CSM Enabled,But It can be enabled If needed for Vista or 7,Legacy is also an option but i want to stick with the GPT Format,also your X and Y is irrelevant,I was referring to the link provided http://reboot.pro/topic/10126-nt-6x-fast-installer-install-win7-directly-to-usb-external-drive/

Edited by burd

Im fully gpt partitioned none are mbr i have preinstalled windows 10,i have the ability for uefi with csm,Vista with sp2 gets stuck on "Windows is Loading Files" using normal UEFI and with CSM i get a black screen with a cursor.
I Tried this http://reboot.pro/topic/10126-nt-6x-fast-installer-install-win7-directly-to-usb-external-drive/ and it didnt work really.I have a DVD drive and can boot from it aswell as a USB boot.

DISKPART> list volume

Volume ###  Ltr  Label        Fs     Type        Size     Status     Info
  ----------  ---  -----------  -----  ----------  -------  ---------  --------
  Volume 0     E   LRMCF(X)RE_  UDF    DVD-ROM     4426 MB  Healthy
  Volume 1     C   OS_Install   NTFS   Partition    117 GB  Healthy    Boot
  Volume 2         SYSTEM       FAT32  Partition    300 MB  Healthy    System
  Volume 3         WinRE tools  NTFS   Partition    900 MB  Healthy    Hidden
  Volume 4     D   Data         NTFS   Partition    855 GB  Healthy
  Volume 5     F   Windows 7    NTFS   Partition     58 GB  Healthy
  Volume 6         BIOS_RVY     NTFS   Partition     17 GB  Healthy    Hidden

Edited by burd

2 minutes ago, burd said:

.I have a DVD drive and can boot from it aswell as a USB boot.

Good, then try following EXACTLY the given reference using a plain DVD:
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01717787.pdf

As said, BEFORE that you should be able to boot a Windows 7 install DVD and from the PE on it (press Shift+F10) you should be able to run wpeutil Updatebootinfo, etc. so that you are sure you are able to boot in the "right" mode or if you need to experiment with your firmware settings.

11 minutes ago, burd said:

And again that report without EXACT DETAILS of what (STEP by STEP, long, expanded, detailed) you did is totally meaningless.

jaclaz

1 hour ago, jaclaz said:

Good, then try following EXACTLY the given reference using a plain DVD:
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01717787.pdf

As said, BEFORE that you should be able to boot a Windows 7 install DVD and from the PE on it (press Shift+F10) you should be able to run wpeutil Updatebootinfo, etc. so that you are sure you are able to boot in the "right" mode or if you need to experiment with your firmware settings.

And again that report without EXACT DETAILS of what (STEP by STEP, long, expanded, detailed) you did is totally meaningless.

jaclaz

Tried this before but i dont get an option to choose the file to boot from,also the link i provided has no step by step process im afraid its a premade software you will have to check for yourself

I tried a Windows 7 disc and it wont even boot in UEFI mode.

EDIT: OK i checked my bios thoroughly and found that secure boot has to be enabled for uefi + csm and after doing that vista booted from the usb.

is there anyway to get it to install in gpt format?

Edited by burd

• 2 months later...
On 29.12.2016 at 8:07 PM, jaclaz said:

UEFI booting of Vista is simply not supported, let alone on GPT.

UEFI works just fine, it just doesn't support the video card integration, so CSM still needs to be enabled.Unbenannt.thumb.jpg.1be1e0547a3edca80c624036b0dd4278.jpg

Edited by GTAGAME