[SOLVED!] Can't activate Windows 7 Ultimate!

ppgrainbow

4 hours ago, dencorso said:

Just for the record: I bought a true Windows 7 Ultimate FPP in the original box, complete but opened and having geographic Activation Restrictions, at a small neighborhood computer service store last month. I've then installed the MSDN x86-ENU 7 ultimate SP1u image on a new machine and then activated it using the FPP license I had just bought, straight from the card, and it just activated! No telephone call to MS was even needed! Yay! :thumbup  

Good for you! :D I'm probably one of the unlucky customers who fell for a counterfeit Windows 7 Ultimate FPP and I'm still waiting to get my money back.

On 1/5/2017 at 7:04 PM, ppgrainbow said:

I'm probably one of the unlucky customers who fell for a counterfeit Windows 7 Ultimate FPP and I'm still waiting to get my money back.

Well, I do know how you feel. It happened to me once, too, when I was hoarding my 10 genuine boxes of XP x86-ENU FPP. It happens! :(

However, a pop-and-mom neighborhood computer store is safer than eBay or Mercado Livre (a big South American competitor of eBay) inasmuch as one gets to physically inspect in person the actual item one is considering to buy, before doing so. For this type of item, pics are way lacking as a way for inspection.

On 2017-01-05 at 1:01 AM, ppgrainbow said:

I don't think that I will be able to get it from where you are.

OK...but why? The licenses are genuine...just not Ultimate retail...but as I said Windows 7 Professional OEM...

I am prepared to help you if you like?

bookie32

Retail and OEM System Builder can still be sold because they are physical items. A company can sell them with no issue. What they cannot do is offer for sale a new computer and have Windows 7 pre-installed on it. There are ways around it, if you are a VAR/SB you can sell a person a computer with blank hard drive, and then also sell them a System Builder Win7 and ask if they want it to be installed for them. Sure, this is ok, as it is post-sale favors. ;)

1 hour ago, Tripredacus said:

Retail and OEM System Builder can still be sold because they are physical items. A company can sell them with no issue. What they cannot do is offer for sale a new computer and have Windows 7 pre-installed on it. There are ways around it, if you are a VAR/SB you can sell a person a computer with blank hard drive, and then also sell them a System Builder Win7 and ask if they want it to be installed for them. Sure, this is ok, as it is post-sale favors. ;)

Sorry, haven't we had this discussion already....one of the suppliers I use in Sweden is still selling computers with Windows 7 Professional pre-installed on them...with Windows 8.1 or 10 as an extra...

bookie32

5 hours ago, bookie32 said:

OK...but why? The licenses are genuine...just not Ultimate retail...but as I said Windows 7 Professional OEM...

I am prepared to help you if you like?

bookie32

I don't live in Sweden. That's why.

I'm in the United States. :)

22 hours ago, dencorso said:

Well, I do know how you feel. It happened to me once, too, when I was hoarding my 10 genuine boxes of XP x86-ENU FPP. It happens! :(

However, a pop-and-mom neighborhood computer store is safer than eBay or Mercado Livre (a big South American competitor of eBay) inasmuch as one gets to physically inspect in person the actual item one is considering to buy, before doing so. For this type of item, pics are way lacking as a way for inspection.

Well, if I still want to look on eBay, I have to be really careful on what I can buy over there.

12 hours ago, ppgrainbow said:

Sure. But there's a wonderful invention named "post". It moves things around the world for you, without your having to go along them. Have you ever heard about that? :dubbio::angel

12 hours ago, ppgrainbow said:

I did see where you live and was why I offered to help you....but I can't force you... and as dencorso said we have "post"...

I am not in the habit of conning people if that is what is worrying you?

bookie32

2 hours ago, bookie32 said:

I did see where you live and was why I offered to help you....but I can't force you... and as dencorso said we have "post"...

I am not in the habit of conning people if that is what is worrying you?

bookie32

Well...in that case, I'm gonna eBay and PayPal regarding the counterfeit Windows 7 Ultimate product that I bought as a Christmas present and get my money back before the 45-day refund window expires on Thursday.

17 hours ago, ppgrainbow said:

I'm in the United States. :)

And you were also given not one but two possible sources to buy that thing from the US, both (Walmart.com and tigerdirect.com) "well known" and "reliable".

jaclaz

3 hours ago, ppgrainbow said:

Well...in that case, I'm gonna eBay and PayPal regarding the counterfeit Windows 7 Ultimate product that I bought as a Christmas present and get my money back before the 45-day refund window expires on Thursday.

Does this mean you will accept my offer to help?

As I said before we only have Windows 7 Professional available and the link to the Ultimate I gave you I don't think I would trust it personally...

You can let me know how you want to proceed....:D

As long as I am reimbursed for the cost for the license + post/packaging I have no problem helping you with your problem....:angel

bookie32

8 hours ago, jaclaz said:

And you were also given not one but two possible sources to buy that thing from the US, both (Walmart.com and tigerdirect.com) "well known" and "reliable".

jaclaz

I see what I can find. It's still possible to find retail genuine copies of Windows 7 elsewhere.

Right now, I need to get a hold of eBay and PayPal to get a refund of the counterfeit Windows 7 product soon.

8 hours ago, bookie32 said:

Does this mean you will accept my offer to help?

As I said before we only have Windows 7 Professional available and the link to the Ultimate I gave you I don't think I would trust it personally...

You can let me know how you want to proceed....:D

As long as I am reimbursed for the cost for the license + post/packaging I have no problem helping you with your problem....:angel

bookie32

I'll see what I can find online. The copy of Windows 7 Ultimate that I still have was counterfeit and it was all a hit-and-miss situation where I would get scammed by one non-responsive eBay user. eBay takes counterfeit products very seriously.

16 hours ago, ppgrainbow said:

I'll see what I can find online. The copy of Windows 7 Ultimate that I still have was counterfeit and it was all a hit-and-miss situation where I would get scammed by one non-responsive eBay user. eBay takes counterfeit products very seriously.

That is OK by me...:D

Yes, ebay do not take kindly to those that con others...not good for their image either...

Just let me know if I can be of help....:D

bookie32