What's Your Anticipation Level?

NoelC

Windows 10 "Creator" edition is right around the corner.

What's your anticipation level on a scale of 1 to 10...

• 1 meaning "It'll never even get close to any of my systems!  "
  • 5 meaning "Meh, I'll get to it sooner or later, I have better things to do"
  • 10 being "OMG, a cool new Windows version! I can't wait!"

...what's your excitement level about the upcoming Windows "Creator" release?

Mine's presently at:

3 - Sigh, I'm going to have to re-customize Windows 10.  Again.  And for what gain? 

Maybe I should just wait until they move it to Current Branch for Business status.

I would like to hear your honest level of anticipation about this next release.

-Noel

I wouldn't update to Windows 10 in anyway so I guess I'm in level 1. However what does this "creator" thing has more or different than the current Windows 10? Is it going to replace any existing version(s) of them or it is just a new version?

You can "bring your ideas to life" and "do amazing things in 3D" of course!  :P

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/upcoming-features

And whoa!  You can broadcast your game playing experience to others!  :puke:

But as far as I can see you still can't boot from a ReFS partition.  Nor can you easily disable Cortana, or take control of when updates are applied, or disconnect yourself from "the cloud" without doing software backflips.  And of course you can put on a headset and stumble around your house half blind.  I wonder what wall the ads are going to show on this week...

-Noel

I would rate my self at a 5 ill get to it eventually maybe if I mess with the current stable-ish build. I am officially running a W10 machine now it is a surface so I will see what that is like compared to my VM. Have not done anything with it yet got to get a keyboard and a touch pen. 

Don't get it do ya?!.. I watched a kid draw a circle in the last ad. A Circle, with her finger! Mindblow. <TIC>

Seriously, they were comparing some snotty kid vs its mother at some moronic task. Finger vs mouse. Serious work like annotating selfies with arrows and comments.

M$ are flogging something they think has something over the MacBook. Touch. Looks like reactive marketing to the Press over the lack of such a thing still in the Mac.

I actually disabled the touch screen feature on my Win10 tablet.. it can be annoying.

All I want for Christmas is the marketing and cost reduction departments of the large corporations that the wheels of need turn on- to step out of the way of the engineers and let them do good work. An amnesty on time and budget, to polish and improve core code and structures. 

I am not greatly interested in the touch features for the most part I don't care for touch it has its places ie: POS and My amazon fire tablet for book reading/remote and smart phone to a point. I am interested in seeing if Windows 10 on a Microsoft produced device is any better then say on my gaming rig (I feel like I am a bit too old to use that word). It is just curiosity.

Level 0. W T F is this shiat and why should I infect my PC with such a malicious software? I would rather quit computers than use such an insulting, disgusting system. :angry:

Can I fire all the dimwitted "engineers" and program managers who screwed up Windows so badly? There will be hell to pay for screwing customers so badly and so continuously for so long.

This POS is full of meaningless, stupid, insulting, rude, screwy, arbitrary, telemetry-driven changes all decided by the mothership which you are just supposed to only consume and not complain? All the time, money and resources you poured for years into setting up a personalized, powerful computer system that works FOR you is now wasted? No way in hell.

I am a user interface purist and I cannot stand any level of regression in the GUI. Unfortunately, this POS called Windows 10 has completely destroyed all the good parts of the UI that used to work FOR me in this once-powerful operating system. And a lot of the bird brained people do not seem to find any fatal flaws in this wretched OS. :crazy::angry:

Edited by xpclient

Another new Windows 10 version is no such fun for me because it means having to recreate all my images. Each and every version are whole new OSes and no update method for existing images exists. I know it, it is because they want you to use one of their deployment systems where you can just replace the OS image, but that process is not applicable to the work I do.

I guess I didn't expect much here, but I do know that at one time many of us looked forward to new versions; joined the pre-release programs on purpose, and eagerly dove into each new version to try to be one of the first to understand it and even customize it.

Now it seems like drudgery.  I just can't see how drudgery could be good marketing in any sense.

-Noel

My antecipation level for the Creator's Update is exactly the same kind I had for all other Windows 10 updates, which is mild to non-existant (about a 3 in your scale). I've already adjusted my expectation levels, so I know what will come out: more control panel settings moving into the Modern Settings, restoring features that should've been there from day one and some gimmicky feature to say they are now foccusing on content creators (OMG, a new Universal Paint App! Just what I use to make complex images!!!!). If you are expecting a return to form, with focus on Win32, you will be deeply disapointed. However, if you expect improvements on the UWP framework, and some (mostly unwanted) tweaks to the OS, then you'll get what you expect, which is meh.

46 minutes ago, greenhillmaniac said:

My antecipation level for the Creator's Update is exactly the same kind I had for all other Windows 10 updates, which is mild to non-existant (about a 3 in your scale). I've already adjusted my expectation levels, so I know what will come out: more control panel settings moving into the Modern Settings, restoring features that should've been there from day one and some gimmicky feature to say they are now foccusing on content creators (OMG, a new Universal Paint App! Just what I use to make complex images!!!!). If you are expecting a return to form, with focus on Win32, you will be deeply disapointed. However, if you expect improvements on the UWP framework, and some (mostly unwanted) tweaks to the OS, then you'll get what you expect, which is meh.

1 hour ago, NoelC said:

I guess I didn't expect much here, but I do know that at one time many of us looked forward to new versions; joined the pre-release programs on purpose, and eagerly dove into each new version to try to be one of the first to understand it and even customize it.

Now it seems like drudgery.  I just can't see how drudgery could be good marketing in any sense.

-Noel

As you all said my friends . My value was not in your scale . I just wrote for fun anyway .

I have one question for mS

Who said them to put metro crap and dump win32?

It is now 50 versions ago I was using any prerelease (14936-14986) and it because boring christmas days. Anyway checked out the 3d-paint and found it totally useless. Happily I found a register setting to make it look normal again, BUT that scewed up Explorer_exe some how so now if I try any app (like settings) I got one of this:

wqUGRiM.png

sxKp8dU.png

this setting should have DWORDsettings (1) to work... btw!

Edited by mikedigitize
new pics