Latest Version of Software Running on XP

pointertovoid

BurnAware Free 14.2 Released (March 25, 2021):

https://www.burnaware.com/download.html

All versions are multilingual and work under Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32 and 64 bit).

I tried the installation.
I get an error, but it doesn't seem to affect the installation.

Is there any MSFN member who can confirm? :worship:

TH.:hello:

P.S. My experience with this kind of software is rather poor.....:no:

Edited by Sampei.Nihira

35 minutes ago, we3fan said:

Hi Sampei.Nihira, I just installed it (twice), default install options, and I don't get any error, installs without a problem.

Thank you for your test.
Probably in my case there is "something" interfering with the installation process.:dubbio:

14 hours ago, Dave-H said:

This is what I use as a replacement for Task Manager.
It has pretty comprehensive process killing functions, which I've never known to fail.
:yes:

Unfortunately, it won't start here. I am getting a crash in msvbvm60.dll

Same with Deep Explorer from that page.

Anyone got a link to a working VB redistributable which contains this dll?

Last time i installed the all-in-one redist package from github that was posted here recently, maybe it broke something...

Hi RainyShadow, I have msvbvm60.dll in C:\WINDOWS\system32, 1.32 MB, Visual Basic Virtual Machine, ver 6.0.96.90 .

DTaskManager and Deep Explorer from that page worked OK.

1 hour ago, RainyShadow said:

Mine is ver. 6.0.98.2, other programs seem to work with it.

Not really helping, I know, but under Vista SP2 32-bit I have no issues launching latest DTaskManager (v1.57.11); in Vista, Visual Basic 6 Runtime is an integral part of the OS, the version of file msvbvm60.dll inside system32 is indeed 6.0.98.2 (i.e. just like in your case...).

The following article should be of eventual help to XP users: 

https://atrilsolutions.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205537331-How-to-re-install-the-Visual-Basic-6-Runtime

The first redistributable installs msvbvm60.dll v6.0.97.82, the second one doesn't seem to contain an updated version of it... :dubbio:No doubt you got your 6.0.98.2 version via Microsoft Update (?) ...

Perhaps your issue has a different root cause, only simply manifesting itself with a crash on msvbvm60.dll ?

My 2 errors during the installation of BurnAware:

Carrier.exe:

100.jpg

I am administrator:

100a.jpg

After 2 OK the installation continues without problems.

No malwares.
I ran an on-demand scan with Hitman Pro.

No temporary files to clean.

I also precautionarily ran:

sfc /scannow

no problems or requests to insert the Windows CD.

Is it possible to assume that the installer needs some softwares (Net framework,Visual C++.....) that are not installed in my pc? :dubbio:

Or that the installer is incompatible with my FAT32 FS?

P.S.I did not try to repeat the installation today.

My region goes into the red zone (for Covid-19) on Monday, after my city has been in the red zone all this week.:(
I need to get a lot of things in place to close out my work until at least April 6.:(:(

Edited by Sampei.Nihira

14 hours ago, dmiranda said:

Dimio software rules. Dsynchronize (works perfectly in XP) is the best, btw.

I just tested Dsynchronize to make sure it works OK, I haven't used it much but from my initial impression it looks like it could be very useful.
I have 1 folder with many files and I copied the same folder in another place, I added new text in 2-3 text files in the second folder.
Can I use Dsynchronize to check which files are changed without manually checking each file?

On 3/19/2021 at 3:26 PM, Sampei.Nihira said:

@Rod Steel

Thank you for contacting support and reporting the problem.
No I didn't know that Korean language page.:no:
Unfortunately I can't help you with the problem you reported, but only recommend a newer version.
The version prior to the malfunctioning version is 210209.

So i contacted with PotPlayer developers with question about end of win XP support and get answer. Here it is (spelling and punctuation preserved):

Yes...

Windows XP is don't support~~

So, as i understand, version from January 27, 2021 is last with win XP support. https://cafe.daum.net/pot-tool/BHPW

Also i contacted with developers of another program that recently stop working with Win XP. It is D3Dgear - Game Recording Software. https://www.d3dgear.com/

And in conversation it turns out that developers apparently, while updated they program, did not notice that they drop support with win XP. So now, they were aware of that and fixed win XP support!

@Sampei.Nihira, or somebody else, please can you download free 15-day trial version of that program and check does it work with your win XP. It finally installs on my system with last version, but since it is 15-day trial version it does not launch on my system - i probably 4 or 5 years ago already try it in trial version.

Edited by Rod Steel