Latest Version of Software Running on XP

pointertovoid

• 2 weeks later...

Actually im in search for a better/faster Copy instance, as replacement of the win onboard Explorer. Maybe you heard about Tools like Teracopy or Richcopy aso.

So i spot 2 ontopic Infos

TeraCopy [Productlink]

Final official supported Version for Windows XP is v2.3 ... currently is v3.5 RC offered.

Proof [direct Link] found on 11.November.2020 at a Softwaresale Platform in the Comments by the TC Developers itself.

Copy Handler [Productlink]

Final official supported Version for Windows XP will be v1.45 maybe next month December 2020. Currently he is working on Beta/RC for this 1.45

Proof is a News Blogpost named Copy Handler - future plans at Sun, 2020/10/25 - 18:31 from the Coder himself.

A big "maybe" that after 1.45 just critical Security stuff will be implemented with WinXP... honestly he want to drop WinXP.

Important detail for Oldschoolers that i cant link directly: The support for SSE CPUs is already dropped in 2017 with the first Betas for 1.45. Because of changing the Compiler.

Hardware requirements: SSE2-enabled CPU
NOTE: CH <=1.44 does not require SSE2 for 32-bit version; that requirement changed with CH 1.45.

This Quote was in a Textbox beside the currently Downloadlinks and maybe vanish in the Future. Good idea to archive this here.

So conclusion is

If you have a 32bit WinXP Rack under old SSE CPUs like Pentium-III and older, you are sticked with v1.44 from 2016

If you have a WinXP Rack under SSE2 CPUs like Pentium-IV and newer, you are gonna get with v1.45 from 2020/21 the last Chance

in its own right

Do you have more Tools advise for me? Anybody using still today such Copytools under SSE and WinXP?

Im in need for transfer lots of stuff (small Files) from USB Sticks, external HDD Backup Drives, internal HDDs, Trays aso. For such Tasks i favor my old WinXP rack thats a Pentium-III King 1.4ghz with 2gb RAM in a big Tower. Thanks.

Edited by Commodore64
typos

3 hours ago, Commodore64 said:

Actually im in search for a better/faster Copy instance, as replacement of the win onboard Explorer. Maybe you heard about Tools like Teracopy or Richcopy aso.

Besides Teracopy i also use KillCopy. It has two separate profiles - for network and local transfers. Also you can limit the speed and change the buffer size during transfers. There is resume on crash/abort. Handy to make hard links too. And it preserves the timestamps unlike Teracopy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2020 at 2:38 AM, shorterxp said:

Does anyone know what latest version of wokring Virtual machine is for XP?

VirtualBox  5.2.44 and 6.0.24 works fine on WinXP host. For install 6.0.24 need:

1. download https://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/6.0.24/VirtualBox-6.0.24-139119-Win.exe

2. run "VirtualBox-6.0.24-139119-Win.exe -extract -path=c:\temp" for extract x86 msi-file (path c:\temp for example).

3. run msi-file from c:\temp

Also available custom builds 5.2.44 and 6.0.24 without hardening - https://forum.ru-board.com/topic.cgi?forum=5&topic=49006&start=2160#17 (by CaptainFlint).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What is the latest version of KiCAD running on XP?

They all are talking about 7 is unsupported, and regarding to XP...  If anybody has checked this issue, please respond about the last version for old good XP.

Anyway, I'm downloading and checking older versions from the official download page now, such a feat is going to take pretty much time, and as far as I can claim kicad-4.0.7-i686 is working stable.

Edited by Comrade_Hajji

4 hours ago, FantasyAcquiesce said:

We need to find the last working versions of digital art software:
-Autodesk

While you're at it, see if you can find the last working versions of the following software, please:

-Microsoft

-Adobe

:P

4 hours ago, FantasyAcquiesce said:

-MediBang Paint Pro

None of the versions i found work for me as they're built with QT5 which requires SSE2...

You can try version 2 as it seems to be for Win2K/XP.

Edited by RainyShadow