Latest Version of Software Running on XP

pointertovoid

23 hours ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

Hi,:hello:

In my personal build 258 the icon appears in the bar in the correct way.

100.jpg

Try the newly released official build 257:

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/205865-malwarebytes-anti-exploit-113-build-257-released-sep-24-2020/

I believe there is no difference.

YES, the issue about the icon is resolved but sadly not the logging of the service in the events viewer. :angry:

Have a nice day! :hello:

I also went back to build 186 but I also have the build 90 installer.
The new build causes me other problems that I will not notify the developers.
Arthi has already written to me that due to technical inability they are unable to provide support in problems present in OS no longer supported by Microsoft.

:hello:

Edited by Sampei.Nihira

On 9/26/2020 at 3:44 PM, Sampei.Nihira said:

I also went back to build 186 but I also have the build 90 installer.
The new build causes me other problems that I will not notify the developers.
Arthi has already written to me that due to technical inability they are unable to provide support in problems present in OS no longer supported by Microsoft.

:hello:

So, game over for MBAE.

I will stay with the release 1.12.1.90 (the latest fully compatible with XP)

Have a nice day! :hello:

Hi,

starting PotPlayer recently, gives me a popped up opaque empty window in the right lower corner (above systray) that'll vanish after a few secs.

That happens only once after first regular start of the application.

Could anyone confirm that and knows how to prevent that behaviour in the options' dialogue or in the registry settings or whatever??

I'd be grateful...

12 hours ago, bernd said:

starting PotPlayer recently, gives me a popped up opaque empty window in the right lower corner (above systray) that'll vanish after a few secs.

An advertisement will be displayed in this window, the developer once mentioned that he plans to make a paid version in the future. There is no shutdown setting, and have not yet found how to remove it.

Yeah, same here... I noticed it as well and I didn't know what that was about...

I really hope they're not gonna go on with it as I don't really think that's the way forward.

Besides, it's using and redistributing open source projects and dlls, including FFMpeg, Avisynth and VapourSynth, Madshi (which uses MadVR) and many plugins for both frameserver, so I don't really think that inserting advertisement pleases the open source community. As one of the Avisynth contributors, I don't really like where PotPlayer is going...

It seems to me that with the block in the Hosts file of Potplayermini.exe the problem is solved.

But my test didn't last long and I'm not sure.:dubbio:

0.0.0.0               PotplayerMini.exe

Edited by Sampei.Nihira

2 hours ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

It seems to me that with the block in the Hosts file of Potplayermini.exe the problem is solved.

This does not work, in host the syntax is: ip address - host. exe, program names and the like do not need to be added there, this is not a firewall.

5 hours ago, bernd said:

Blocking "iexplore.exe" - TCP - outbound prevents that "ad-square" popping up.

21 minutes ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

:yes:

Unfortunately I can't see the pop-up.

Damn it, it won't work. No matter how...

It's too cleverly constructed. That ad-square will pop up sooner or later.

Alas, we'll need another solution...

Older versions should be obtainable via link constructed like: http://t1.daumcdn.net/potplayer/PotPlayer/Version/YYYYMMDD_x.y.z/PotPlayerSetup.exe

Where YYYYMMDD is the build date and x.y.z is the version number. Just wanted to point out I could not download the version right before the latest one from their server this way. I could get two versions from the year 2019 this way:

http://t1.daumcdn.net/potplayer/PotPlayer/Version/20190610_1.7.18958/PotPlayerSetup.exe

http://t1.daumcdn.net/potplayer/PotPlayer/Version/20191031_1.7.20977/PotPlayerSetup.exe