Latest Version of Software Running on XP

pointertovoid

35 minutes ago, RainyShadow said:

Same as the SumatraPDF port - exception c000001d

It appears Both SumatraPDF & Audacity don't like non-SSE2 processors..

22 minutes ago, Nojus2001 said:

It appears Both SumatraPDF & Audacity don't like non-SSE2 processors..

SumatraPDF v.3.0 works fine here, as does Audacity v.2.0.3

The building guide for Audacity suggests MSVC 2017, didn't that come with a default setting to enforce SSE2 optimisation?

36 minutes ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

Out uBlock Origin Legacy v.1.16.4.22 (July 4, 2020)

... which, sadly, removes support for Pale Moon 27 based forks, like @roytam1's New Moon 27.x.x (whose sse builds are very popular with our members running pre-SSE2 CPUs):

https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock-for-firefox-legacy/pull/239#issuecomment-651090892

https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock-for-firefox-legacy/blob/3524cbc34b30d9555eb7e9089aa4a5ea91465741/platform/firefox/install.rdf#L47-L54

https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock-for-firefox-legacy/commit/990daae

:(

20 minutes ago, VistaLover said:

MSFN members who use these versions of the Roytam1 browsers can also use AdBlock Latitude which is compatible with version 27:

https://addons.palemoon.org/addon/adblock-latitude/

Edited by Sampei.Nihira

1 hour ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

can also use AdBlock Latitude which is compatible with version 27

... That's good to know... :)

I have not ever been myself a user of ABL or other members of the AB family of content blockers, last thing I remember reading was how much more resource-greedy they were compared to uB0 (and RAM/CPU consumption should always be a consideration on those old hardware setups where NM27-sse is being deployed...). Resources-usage aside, the crux of the matter here is the following question:

Does current ABL address successfully the very issues/reasons that forced uB0 to drop PM27 support?

As detailed in the previously linked GitHub PR comment, uB0-legacy now needs ES6 support in the browser itself to tackle the removal of certain classes of unwanted content ; does ABL handle such content in a different way?  If not, then existing users of uB0-legacy 1.16.4.21 in NM27 should probably stay put at that version (sadly no longer updating :() and face some random/occasional breakage in their ad-removal... It'd be like Chrome 49 users on XP/Vista, who are now confined in using uB0 v1.16.18 for good...

Unless something new crops up?

On 7/4/2020 at 8:25 PM, VistaLover said:

... That's good to know... :)

I have not ever been myself a user of ABL or other members of the AB family of content blockers, last thing I remember reading was how much more resource-greedy they were compared to uB0 (and RAM/CPU consumption should always be a consideration on those old hardware setups where NM27-sse is being deployed...). Resources-usage aside, the crux of the matter here is the following question:

Does current ABL address successfully the very issues/reasons that forced uB0 to drop PM27 support?

As detailed in the previously linked GitHub PR comment, uB0-legacy now needs ES6 support in the browser itself to tackle the removal of certain classes of unwanted content ; does ABL handle such content in a different way?  If not, then existing users of uB0-legacy 1.16.4.21 in NM27 should probably stay put at that version (sadly no longer updating :() and face some random/occasional breakage in their ad-removal... It'd be like Chrome 49 users on XP/Vista, who are now confined in using uB0 v1.16.18 for good...

Unless something new crops up?

Duplicate cosmetic filters are a problem.
UBO cannot always efficiently analyze 2 differently written cosmetic filter rules.
All of this causes performance decreases.
The ideal would be to have few cosmetic filters, which are necessary, however, compared to the network filters.
As I have written elsewhere, malwares lists and predefined multipurpose lists are also inefficient.
Better to insert some personalized lists.

I insert my final UBO filters list in the dedicated 3D.
MSFN members who want to try Adblock Latitude could take my lists as an example.