Celeron N2830 (any way to install xp on it?)

Kmuland

2 hours ago, dencorso said:

Try the Intel 6.14.10.5398 XP drivers. They may just work, but they may also require some igxp32.inf tweaking.
And Dibya is right. UNIATA ought to work. But you need to use the F6 method or slipstream it. Look for how to do that, and you're all set!

I found another way my friends

Extract UniAta

Make a new folder

copy TXTSETUP.OEM and uniata.sys to your new folder also copy contents of uniata destribution in XP folder

Slipstream with nlite

OR
Use usb floppy drive as suggested by dencorso

Intel driver file shared by dencorso also work in skylake with inf tweaks.

I am failing to see where dencorso suggested using a USB floppy. :dubbio:

1 hour ago, Dibya said:

Use usb floppy drive as suggested by dencorso

He mentioned the F6 driver install method, that nowadays is usually implemented using grub4dos and a (virtual) floppy image.

jaclaz

8 hours ago, jaclaz said:

I am failing to see where dencorso suggested using a USB floppy. :dubbio:

He mentioned the F6 driver install method, that nowadays is usually implemented using grub4dos and a (virtual) floppy image.

jaclaz

WOW! Learned something new

4Year back when i am a novice that time i used a usb floppy drive to install xp on my laptop.  I can still remember how much exited when my dad gifted me a new laptop.

Edited by Dibya

OK I tested the Uniata drivers but they did not work. My procedure for integrate drivers is use the Drivers box in WinNTsetuptool. I used this procedure for integrate Fernando´s drivers in other computers and it always worked fine.

The error that I get continue being 0x000007E acpi.sys

Maybe installing XP in this machine is an impossible mission by now until someone release other drivers.
Anyway, more suggestions will be welcome ;)

Edited by Kmuland
typos

41 minutes ago, Kmuland said:

OK I tested the Uniata drivers but they did not work. My procedure for integrate drivers is use the Drivers box in WinNTsetuptool. I used this procedure for integrate Fernando´s drivers in other computers and it always worked fine.

The error that I get continue being 0x000007E acpi.sys

Maybe installing XP in this machine is an impossible mission by now until someone release other drivers.
Anyway, more suggestions will be welcome ;)

Press F5 during setup then choose different options let see what works.

6 minutes ago, Dibya said:

Press F5 during setup then choose different options let see what works.

Yes :thumbup, I hadn't noticed (if the OP posted it :dubbio:) that the BSOD STOP ERROR was 0x000007e.

That is different from the 0x0000007b (which is the one that a missing or not working SATA driver will produce).

#Kmuland

The F5 (to be pressed at the time setup asks you to press F6 for SCSI drivers) should allow you to choose a different HAL, this may (or may not) avoid the 0x0000007e error, you can try also F7, see:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/299340

jaclaz

OK I tested F5 with all the different HALs available.. and only got a freeze after loading all drivers instead the BSOD with the 00x7E error.

I dont want to say bye to XP .. but seem that lack of hardware support is a nightmare. At the moment Im forced to use win7 because even Vista that performs smoother than 7 does not have Intel video driver ;(

Edited by Kmuland

I still haven't found the important information: what chipset is on the mobo? This determines the Ahci driver that accesses the disks, hence whether an Xp driver exists. For a processor launched in 2014, and a possibly older chipset, official Xp support by Intel is a reasonable possibility. Then, just pick the latest Intel driver meant for Xp and check if the .inf file cites your chipset (which should be a single chip in 2014).

Can you access some Pci-E extension slot on your laptop? Then you would put a Sata card on Pci-E, well chosen to have Xp Ahci drivers, and connect the drive to the extension card. Well, laptops are horrible for that. Your choice, your fault.

Bizarre idea: in case BWC has made a W2k Ahci driver for your chipset, Xp should be able to use it too.

10 hours ago, pointertovoid said:

I still haven't found the important information: what chipset is on the mobo?

From the readme.txt of the chipset drivers Chipset_Intel_9.4.4.1006_W81x64_A.zip:

*  Product: Intel(R) Chipset Device Software
*  Release: Production Version
*  Version: 9.4.4.1006
*  Target SOC: Bay Trail-M/D SOC (formerly known as Valleyview2)
*  Date: August 01 2013

BUT - at first sight - they seem to include XP drivers. :dubbio:Most probably the readme is the usual meaningless/outdated crap by Intel where you can find everything (and the contrary of it). :(

jaclaz

To my understanding, the "target chipset" in the InfInst is the latest for which this version of the installer was written. Each InfInst fits many chipsets, often back to the ich6, so if v9.4.4.1006 installs, this only indicates that the chipset is not newer than Bay Trail-M/D SOC.