Another Screwup Brought To You By Windows Update

NoelC

Touché!  That's what I like so much about you, jaclaz, you simultaneously present complementary AND complimentary viewpoints.

And working PRE-10 Windows installations are what allow us to have the free time to play with words.  People sure are going to miss that.

In other news, elsewhere I've been learning about the secret, unmodifiable firewall rules we are all subjected to when the Windows Firewall service is run.  Microsoft is distracting us with stupid bugs while secretly shoehorning nasty s*** into Windows in order to take over control.  To Microsoft, regarding that, I say...

Spoiler

MyShinyMetal.jpg

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

• 2 months later...
On 12/14/2016 at 9:26 PM, NoelC said:

The other day, when I ran it, Disk Cleanup literally ran for over an hour, consuming roughly 2 cores of CPU continuously. 

And now note how much space Disk Cleanup claims to be able to free on drive C: through Windows Update Cleanup vs. how big drive C: really is.

DiskCleanupBug.png

This is yet another good example (couple of examples) of why Microsoft needs to test its own software, and not send it out to the world in an unfinished state...

It takes a new level of not caring to turn Disk Cleanup into a CPU-intensive activity, then to report a bogus result like what's shown above!  Thinking about what must be going on in Redmond, I'm seriously reminded of the old "if an infinite number of monkeys..." joke.  And I'm not laughing.

-Noel

I'm very sorry about this I wouldn't normally go off-topic but could you share that Windows 10 theme of yours that is shown on the screenshot? It looks so much better than the stock one.

Edited by Tengerecki

No worries.

It's the Aero7 theme by Sagorpirbd (from DeviantArt) and my own theme atlas for Aero Glass for Win 8+, which changes the caption buttons to what you see above from something that looks like Windows 7.

The nice thing from the Aero7 theme is that the controls in older software take on some needed skeuomorphism, and rounded corners.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC