Updated USB Driverpack?

HoppaLong

XP Pro_SP3

Unofficial USB driverpacks for 98SE was the primary reason I kept using this old system.  You booted into Safe
Mode, deleted everything related to USB in Device Manager and installed the driverpack.  I performed this procedure
twice.  Each time the updated drivers improved almost everything.  Removable USB devices loaded and unloaded
smoothly and quickly, with very few glitches.

For whatever reason, I've never had much luck with XP USB drivers.  I use third party apps and my own scripts to
manage removable USB devices.  It helps a little, but not enough.  A good analogy is an old car.  When the engine
starts (or doesn't start) there is always another problem to resolve.

I'm reluctant to download that huge (almost a full gig) Unofficial XP_SP4.   XP is limited to 3 gigs of ram, if you're
lucky.  The comments I've read are mixed.  Adding so much to XP almost demands more memory.  If there was
a way around that 3 gig ram cutoff I would try SP4.

Plugging in and ejecting a simple USB stick is a pleasure with updated 98SE drivers.  I wish that were true for my
copy of XP.  Has anyone created an "unofficial" USB driverpack for XP Pro?

This makes no sense. All of the features added to 98SE by NUSB etc. already exist under Windows XP by default. Why would you ever need to use a third-party app or a script to manage removable devices under XP when it's already built in... :dubbio:

Also, there are plenty of XP compatible USB3 drivers. Only Intel refused to produce an XP-compatible driver AFAIK.

On Κυριακή, 27 Νοεμβρίου 2016 at 3:12 AM, LoneCrusader said:

Also, there are plenty of XP compatible USB3 drivers. Only Intel refused to produce an XP-compatible driver AFAIK.

It seems I made a mistake. Anyway I suppose you can always use the other drivers in place of the missing Intel ones?

On Tuesday, November 29, 2016 at 3:59 PM, HarryTri said:

It seems I made a mistake. Anyway I suppose you can always use the other drivers in place of the missing Intel ones?

On Tuesday, November 29, 2016 at 4:58 PM, bluebolt said:

I don't think so; at any rate, Fernando has good information here:
http://www.win-raid.com/t834f25-USB-Drivers-original-and-modded.html

As bluebolt said you can't interchange drivers from other manufacturers as far as I know. This is because different manufacturers often write their drivers to only work with their specific hardware. There may be ways to "patch" drivers to be universal but it requires far more knowledge than I have to do so.

On 12/1/2016 at 8:27 AM, LoneCrusader said:

As bluebolt said you can't interchange drivers from other manufacturers as far as I know. This is because different manufacturers often write their drivers to only work with their specific hardware. There may be ways to "patch" drivers to be universal but it requires far more knowledge than I have to do so.

I have tried many times but i failed . Intel usb 3 is stuborn beast.

I will be very happpy if  some one can do it.

Edited by Dibya