Exchange Server 2010

twinbytes

I have a client with a Windows SBS 2011 Standard Server running Exchange 2010 and we are having problems downloading some email.  There are two sets of error messages and one is to do with the size of the emails which I can see stuck in webmail from the host provider but won't download into the Exchange Server.  The other error is unknown failures.  I've made adjustments to the size via instructions I found but it's not registering the changes I've increased to 50MB allowed download.  Below are the error messages

ERROR 1

One or more messages (7) were left in the '****@******.ca' account on the POP3 server 'mail.********.ca' because they are larger than the maximum acceptable message size (the largest message is 34369177 bytes). You can either connect to the POP3 account and retrieve or delete the messages manually, or increase the maximum acceptable message size in Exchange Server.

ERROR 2

Because of transient or unknown failures, one or more messages (41) could not be delivered to '*******@********.ca' on the SMTP server 'localhost'. The messages will be left on the POP3 server. If these failures continue to occur, you can either connect to the POP3 account and retrieve or delete the messages manually, or resolve the problem causing the errors. For more information, see the log file at "C:\Program Files\Windows Small Business Server\Logs\pop3connector\pop3service.log".