Windows Live Essentials XP and Vista

Stefan43

Hello,

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I am looking for the Dutch offline installers of Windows Live Essentials for Windows XP (2009?) and Windows Vista (2011)

Does anybody know where I can find them? Microsoft deleted the software from their website, which is no suprise because it's Microsoft :P

Thanks

And oddly enough, just last night when I was updating an XP machine with the WEPOS patch, Microsoft Update offered me Security Essentials and Windows Live Essentials 2011. I took it up on its offer to install Security Essentials and it worked absolutely fine. Maybe I'll try WLE2011 next...

Edited by vwestlife

On 11/22/2016 at 4:54 PM, heinoganda said:

Christmas is coming for this reason I have here a little gift for you, click here. (Dutch offline Installer wlsetup-all.exe from archive.org)

:)

Thank you very much! Thats exactly the installer I was looking for! :)

On 11/22/2016 at 6:49 PM, vwestlife said:

FYI: Microsoft will be ending support for (and therefore downloads of) Windows Essentials 2012 (for Windows 7+), including Windows Movie Maker, in January 2017, so grab a copy of it while you still can.

Yes, I read it somewhere. But I believe Microsoft already removed the offline installers, and the online installers will stop to work, just like the 2009 installers did.

9 hours ago, vwestlife said:

And oddly enough, just last night when I was updating an XP machine with the WEPOS patch, Microsoft Update offered me Security Essentials and Windows Live Essentials 2011. I took it up on its offer to install Security Essentials and it worked absolutely fine. Maybe I'll try WLE2011 next...

Mmmh, as far as I know, Windows Live Essentials 2011 doesn't work on Windows XP, and requires Windows Vista or above. Does Microsoft Security Essentials still update definitions?

Edit: Found offline installers for Windows Live Essentials 2012 here: http://www.askvg.com/official-links-to-download-windows-live-essentials-wave-4-beta-full-standalone-offline-installer/

You quote this post which has an official MS direct download link in it (why do you think "Windows Essentials 2012" is in blue and underlined?):

On 11/22/2016 at 6:49 PM, vwestlife said:

FYI: Microsoft will be ending support for (and therefore downloads of) Windows Essentials 2012 (for Windows 7+), including Windows Movie Maker, in January 2017, so grab a copy of it while you still can.

... however you don't check that link and go ahead to say:

4 hours ago, Stefan43 said:

Yes, I read it somewhere. But I believe Microsoft already removed the offline installers, and the online installers will stop to work, just like the 2009 installers did.

And then you go looking for a link to the offline-installer, while all the time you already had one...

4 hours ago, Stefan43 said:

Fascinating! :dubbio:

15 hours ago, dencorso said:

You quote this post which has an official MS direct download link in it (why do you think "Windows Essentials 2012" is in blue and underlined?):

... however you don't check that link and go ahead to say:

And then you go looking for a link to the offline-installer, while all the time you already had one...

Fascinating! :dubbio:

Mmmh, didn't notice that, it was a long day :P

• 1 year later...