Want try run HDA on 9x, need any possible help...

7 hours ago, LoneCrusader said:

If anyone can obtain and provide the debug symbols (HDAUDBUS.PDB) for KB888111 and/or KB835221 for Windows 2000

possble in XP DDK? or VS 2005? 

====- 

i run Wifi (with my usb dongle, based on RT5370) with Odyssey Client Manager! 150 Mbps WPA2/AES mode. 

12426666.png ]

and also install VBEMP NT version. look and work perfectly. but IE6 + 2K is absolutely non-suitable for MSFN, Google, and even Yandex... :D Good look only Ru-Board - its open normally even on 98SE with IE5 and IE3/ Opera 3 on Wfwg... 

month back i buy on Aliexpress usb wifi based on RTL8188... so as suggest, that it can run on 9x. or no? :D check, when will delivered...

11 minutes ago, MERCURY127 said:

month back i buy on Aliexpress usb wifi based on RTL8188... so as suggest, that it can run on 9x. or no? :D check, when will delivered...

There are no drivers for 9x for this WiFi chipset :( Only for Win2K and newer...

There are drivers for 9x for the RTL8187 chipset. Looks like you bought a wrong one, sorry :(

Edited by MrMateczko

3 hours ago, MrMateczko said:

There are no drivers for 9x for this WiFi chipset Only for Win2K and newer...

There are drivers for 9x for the RTL8187 chipset. Looks like you bought a wrong one, sorry

yes, i know. its not error. i want try run 2k drivers... :D if you do not try, then nothing new is discovered. but if try - so at least some sort of hope.

RTL8187 (and RT2680) - not USB devices, mostly mPCI/PCIe. I have no slots to insert them...

Oh s***... 8192 driver (generic for 81xx) also req NdisInitializeString... just as my dongle 2870/5370... :o 

why they so love this stupid f... function??? not implemented wdmstub. 

Edited by MERCURY127

Is this the real .pdb file, and not an one you just made? It seems it's from a Windows 2003 DDK...isn't it too new?

And sorry about my post, good luck with your WiFi adventures :)

Edited by MrMateczko

14 hours ago, MERCURY127 said:

Excellent.:thumbup

While you're at it go ahead and grab the .PDB's for HDAUDIO.SYS and the other .EXE and DLL files in the package in case we need them later.

Now let's hope rloew can use the debug symbols to make some sense out of the code in the files since we don't have any source code to work with.
When he and I worked on the RLUSB driver for Windows 95 we had source code to work with. This is more like shooting in the dark. :angel

On Monday, November 28, 2016 at 5:22 AM, MERCURY127 said:

i also make disassembled code... if its can help us - can upload, but i sure not that its legal on this forum...

No, we should not post any disassembly here. If we end up finding a solution it should be OK to post patches that can be applied to the original files as they were distributed however. :)

It's not about the HD Audio driver, it's about the HD Audio Bus driver, which we need to make it enumerate a new device, to install the HD Audio driver on it...under 98SE :/

Soon, I will have the opportunity to test on my only PC (laptop ASUS X75VB) 98SE/XP stuff, and maybe I could help with getting HD Audio to work.