Questions about nvidia display driver

I have created a BootCD of full unattended, I put many hardware drivers into it.

But I found that my nvidia display driver can't work. I've test in many pc's. The driver version is 56.64, 56.72. And I also shrinked the drivers: delete most of the language files but chinese. also delete the file entry in the nv4_disp.inf. This inf driver work well in the windows when I update the display driver. But if I install a new windows XP, first time windows xp start, the display corlor depth is only 16 colors, not the true corlor. In the display drivers tab, I can find the display driver version is 56.64 or 56.72. I couldn't solve this problem. Who can help me?

Thanks!

I have both the Nvidia 56.64 drivers and the ATI 3.4 slipstream version drivers...

the nvidia drivers are stock standard, i just extracted the installer fron nvidia website, whacked that in $OEM$\Drivers\NVDetn8, then made sure that was in my winnt.sif drivers path...

i have tested on nvidia cards (ti4200, ti4600, fx5900U, mx440) and radeon (9600xt, 9800xt, 8500) both work good... the radeon driver i have is from a russian site and it installs the control panel during PnP driver installation it works good www.radeon2.ru

Hi DarkBringer,

Can you give me more details about what you did to succeed?

I got the last version at NVidia site and after I executed the file it gave me a folder "C:\NVIDIA Display Driver" with 51 files inside.

Do I put all these files at my $OEM$/$1/Nvidia folder or do I need to execute the setup file located at the "C:\NVIDIA Display Driver" to extract the drivers?

Thanks

Zeh

Just extract all of the files (using WinRar or whatever) from within the setup file, into a folder. Tell your install to check that folder (inside your drivers folder)...and it should find your nvidia driver...

You don't need to keep Installshield Redistributable Files :

data1.cab

data1.hdr

data2.cab

ikernel.ex_ <-- InstallShield® Engine

layout.bin

setup.bmp

Setup.exe <--InstallShield ® Setup Launcher

Setup.ini

setup.inx

setup.iss

Setup16.bmp

InstallShield is one of the oldest and most widely used application packaging systems.

Installers created by InstallShield recognize the /r, /s, /sms, /f1, and /f2 switches. The installer itself is invariably named setup.exe.

To perform a silent installation, you need an InstallShield "answer file", customarily named setup.iss. Some applications ship with such a file.

run the installer with the /s ("silent") option will perform an unattended installation.

Both files are not parts of the driver files and may be removed:

modes.txt

nvudisp.exe

I just removed all the files you mentioned above, also I deleted the language files like nvcpar.hlp; nvrsar.dll; nvwcpar.hlp; nvwrsar.dll, total 106 files. And only keeps these four language files: nvwcpzhc.hlp; nvwrszhc.dll; nvrszhc.dll; nvcpzhc.hlp. If I install this shrinked driver via inf. It works well. But if I install a new system with this unattend disc, it doesn't work. Though the driver was installed as display driver, the color of the screen is only 16 colors. I don't understand.