55MB Unattended Photoshop CS Install

Ok, I've been playing a bit around with INNO setup, and when trying to make custom installer for Photoshop CS I realized that it only took up aprox. 35% as much space as the Install Shield one... The problem is, however, that I used a simple registry monitor to compile the huge list of reg entries the installer makes, so without further modification this will only install to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop CS ... But I guess most people do that anyway, right? ...

Anyway, to make one; Install INNO Setup, unzip attached file into you Installed, registered and activated photoshop CS dir and then compile the script! This should create an install exe around 55MB, which will be able to be installed silently via the /VERYSILENT switch...

PS: I in no way garantee this works! In fact, there's a good chance it won't ...

Photoshop_CS_Repack.zip

This installer works ok for me, except for one thing. Can you please remove your licensing information? As I need to be able to input my business' serial number. Thank you.

Sure; Updated the file ... however, this changes things a bit: Then you need to export the two following strings:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{EFB21DE7-8C19-4A88-BB28-A766E16493BC}]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Photoshop\8.0\Registration]

Then you need add it to the Reg_EN.reg and make a new oem.exe with winrar using the following comment:

;The comment below contains SFX script commands

Setup=reg.cmd
TempMode
Silent=1
Overwrite=1

You can also use the included oem.exe, but then you need to import your serial details somewhere else in your unattended proces...

Plz post if this works :)

Download File

what i dont understand is how this is working for people...the reason I ask is within oem.exe there is a reg file which has in it [HKEY_USERS\S-1-######] Now, in my experience the #####'s are always different on every install...so if this is working fully and completely for people, are these keys really needed at all? I wonder if there is someone willin to test it out...I could make the changes for removing those lines and resubmit the oem.exe, im just wondering, because wouldnt you also have problems on your machine when it loads the S keys when you dont have that user on your machine?

PS I really like this idea and have thought about transforming a bunch of other installshield apps to inno but havent had the time yet. Also, is ImageReady installed? or is this just specifically for PS?

I tried this and it repacked it to 55MB and I took that to my spare comp and it installed everything. My [HKEY_USERS\S-1-######] is different that the one in the oem file, but i BELIEVE it put everything there, instead of the one in the oem.exe. Don't know how that works, but it did for me :)

Edit: my icon is the setup.exe icon not winrar's

I tried this and it repacked it to 55MB and I took that to my spare comp and it installed everything. My [HKEY_USERS\S-1-######] is different that the one in the oem file, but i BELIEVE it put everything there, instead of the one in the oem.exe. Don't know how that works, but it did for me  :)

Edit: my icon is the setup.exe icon not winrar's

Hmm, can you please try browsing through it, I would really like to know if it put everything there, because I don't really think that should be like that.

ok here's some more info. The setup.exe icon was the one that matches the inno setup icon when i made no chages to the oem.exe in the original "photoshop cs repack". On the new "photoshop cs repack" the oem icon changes to winrar sfx icon when i update the files in it, and the setup.exe icon when compiled is still the same as the inno setup.exe icon

FYI: INNO setup compiler is version 4.2.1 and these files have been added or updated:

emu.dll

AdobeLM.dll

Tw10122.dat

Heres is my log file