Bluetooth Devices Only Work In Linux, Even Though They're Windows Compatible.

Brando569

I have 4 devices (3 bluetooth and 1 IR) that work perfectly in Linux/Android but either won't show at all or work horribly in Windows, and all devices say they work in Windows (they have windows specific keys). I have a cheap IR (or is it RF?) touchpad/keyboard combo that will work for about 10 minutes in Windows then will repeat the last pressed key multiple times, and the mouse will become choppy. I have a full-sized keyboard with an integrated trackpad that has 2 bluetooth radios and it drops out almost instantly after it connects to Windows, key presses lag by as much as 60 seconds and the trackpad lags horribly, but it works perfectly in Android, in fact I'm using it to type up this post. I just purchased another trackpad/mini keyboard combo (that was recommended by Lew from Unbox Therapy, IS11-BT05) and the freaking bluetooth adapter in Windows (which is integrated into my brand new Intel Skylake motherboard) doesn't detect it at all, yet it finds my roommates Roku 2 and my Nexus 6. I enabled search mode on the keyboard and enabled it on my Google Pixel C and it literally shows up in about a second and paired about 2 seconds after that with no password. The final device is actually the Dolphin Bar so I can use Wiimotes with the Dolphin (Wii) emulator, but that may be a problem with the knock-off remotes. To make it even more odd, I have been using wireless Logitech mice for about a decade and never had any issues, but then again those are most likely RF. There's no reason why these devices shouldn't work perfectly in Windows.

I've also tried a USB bluetooth adapter and it isn't any better. Why is the Windows bluetooth stack such garbage? This one reason why I switched to Linux years ago and pretty much everything I own runs Linux, except for my Gaming/HTPC PC (the one I'm talking about in this post). 

Edited by Brando569