Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.5.1

19 minutes ago, daveo76 said:

AeroGlass still works for me after the update "Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 (KB4013429)" Windows 10 1607 x64

.. so put a folder with symbols from the directory with the program installed.

Edited by Prado

OK I will hang fire! There seem to be no errors after the initial warning. Aeroglass and Windows are getting on fine so far for me today!

I know from some previous threads that as a contributor symbols should download automatically...but they never have for me so I have to run the batch file.

Attempting to debug DWM.exe with Visual Studio nets a series of messages like the following.  Note the large number of "Cannot find or open the PDB file" messages, especially for dwmcore.dll.  That's a pretty good indication the symbols for the latest patch are not yet on Microsoft's servers.

'dwm.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\user32.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'dwm.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\uDWM.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'dwm.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\win32u.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'dwm.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\dwmredir.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'dwm.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\dcomp.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'dwm.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\dwmcore.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'dwm.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\dxgi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'dwm.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\combase.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'dwm.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'dwm.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\bcryptprimitives.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'dwm.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\kernel.appcore.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'dwm.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\oleaut32.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'dwm.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msvcp_win.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'dwm.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\CoreMessaging.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'dwm.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\imm32.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'dwm.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\uxtheme.dll'. Symbols loaded.

For me the glass effects seem to work anyway, so it doesn't seem like too big a deal to ignore the message.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

I just looked on my debug.log file and notice on last line it says "DWM incompatibility error 0x5". But aeroglass seems to be working for me and nothing pops up when I login to my PC every time.

3 hours ago, Ex_Brit said:

One of my Win 10's is still complaining despite new symbols downloading, I watched them.  Tried rebooting a couple of times, still the error.

I'd try uninstalling areoglass and reinstalling to see if that corrects the problem.