Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.5.1

Looks like Anniversary update changed something significant.

Before anniversary I were getting white windows with no theme atlas.

With 1.5, I am always getting colored title bars now, no matter if the "Show color in Titlebar" is checked or not. Looks like I cannot turn off coloring of titlebars now, and I really like the old UI I've got.

There are the screenshots before anniversary update and after it with 1.5 stable.

AFTER.png

BEFORE.png

Are you using the new GUI for 1.5?  It is necessary to adjust your active and inactive colors. The old GUI for previous versions will not change those colors from the glass colors tab( page) of the GUI. The new GUI has a new Accent Tab where those colors can be adjusted. See also my post below this bigmuscle post for example of new GUI . The new GUI is Here:

Edited by Alanrh

18 hours ago, PeterSvP said:

Looks like Anniversary update changed something significant.

Before anniversary I were getting white windows with no theme atlas.

With 1.5, I am always getting colored title bars now, no matter if the "Show color in Titlebar" is checked or not. Looks like I cannot turn off coloring of titlebars now, and I really like the old UI I've got.

There are the screenshots before anniversary update and after it with 1.5 stable.

Yes, there is a change. Win10 TH rendered the frame edge with ColorizationColor and the frame caption with AccentColor (or white), and AeroGlass respected this settings. Win10 RS does the same with difference that it contains some bug which randomly resets ColorizationColor to AccentColor and thus I decided to ignore the system settings and always use AccentColor for the whole frame. It may be changed later.

So I installed the new 10 update and installed 1.5 all was good for a bit but when I removed a USB Bluetooth adapter the non-paid watermark popped up and now I get the nagging windows about hardware key. How can I fix this? I have my donation key in there but is no longer working only hardware that has changed is the USB bt dongle. 

Please Advise. 

17 hours ago, bigmuscle said:

If you connect USB device back, does it start working again?

Could you download this tool: http://glass8.eu/out/LicensingTool.zip
and provide its output with and without the connected USB device?

No it does not work when plugged back in. 

It just stopped working the way it was I used it for a couple hours after the updates and all but then it stopped working. I did update the video drivers maybe that did it?

Without USB BT

SystemDrive C: S19HNEAD603352V, Machine ID: DPU7LXLCSUQLJLOC33OBLTHTMDPL4VNLQJLRFECQRL4JE3WQ
PhysicalDrive0: S19HNEAD603352V, Machine ID: DPU7LXLCSUQLJLOC33OBLTHTMDPL4VNLQJLRFECQRL4JE3WQ
PhysicalDrive1:            519KT070T, Machine ID: HPOLQ2LJSUQLJLOCDNTDL4YMMDPL4VNLGHLBUU3IRL4JE3WQ

result: 2

With USB BT 

SystemDrive C: S19HNEAD603352V, Machine ID: DPU7LXLCSUQLJLOC33OBLTHTMDPL4VNLQJLRFECQRL4JE3WQ
PhysicalDrive0: S19HNEAD603352V, Machine ID: DPU7LXLCSUQLJLOC33OBLTHTMDPL4VNLQJLRFECQRL4JE3WQ
PhysicalDrive1:            519KT070T, Machine ID: HPOLQ2LJSUQLJLOCDNTDL4YMMDPL4VNLGHLBUU3IRL4JE3WQ

result: 2

Please let me know what you think the problem is. 

Also thanks for all your hard work on this. 

On 10/14/2016 at 1:23 AM, bigmuscle said:

Could you also provide your debug.log file?

Here ya go. Also was wondering what hardware change will change the machine code and I am not getting transparency on system apps like weather, news and such, I think you know about that already, though. Is there A trick to getting it to work? I read a while but didn't find it.

Thanks a lot Royce 

debug.log

Edited by gitit20

Hi BigMuscle,

I ran your installer on my Win 10 VM and saw that it had changed my

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows : AppInit_DLLs

value from what I had set (C:\AeroGlass\ModernFrame-x64-Debug.dll) to C:\AEROGL~1\ModernFrame.dll, but no ModernFrame.dll was put into the C:\AeroGlass folder

I ran the installer to specifically check to see if you have included a Release build of ModernFrame.dll in with the installer package, as you did once before, but apparently not.

Did you forget to include a Release build of ModernFrame.dll in the installer build, or is it just not ready yet?

-Noel

5 hours ago, bigmuscle said:

According to your debug.log, it didn't change due to USB change, but because you upgraded from Win10 to Win10 Anniversary. It still should not happen, but I'm not able to say more now...

Ok, no big deal. I will turn off the key and make a new one then. when you get the time I would like to hear more about why it did that if that is ok ,