Creating a Full-Blown Compatibility Layer.

Dibya

Moreover, modded binaries are intrinsically unredistributable, so the only way to redistribute that without redistributing other peoples binaries is by using patch patterns.

And not only it's way more difficult to gain trust with patch patterns, but most people are resistant to using them at all. And, either way it requires disabling WFP or the like, at least for the file in question, which also is much resisted, nowadays...

I think I had said it before, but probably not in so many words.

21 hours ago, dencorso said:

Moreover, modded binaries are intrinsically unredistributable, so the only way to redistribute that without redistributing other peoples binaries is by using patch patterns.

And not only it's way more difficult to gain trust with patch patterns, but most people are resistant to using them at all. And, either way it requires disabling WFP or the like, at least for the file in question, which also is much resisted, nowadays...

I think I had said it before, but probably not in so many words.

Surely It is so . BWC  also do so.

Harkaz knows how to sign with .cat file to prevent WPF

19 hours ago, FranceBB said:

@TuMaGoNx... I'll take a look at your code on GitHub next week (I'm kinda busy at work, right now) and I'll let you know.

I'm kinda curious about your own implementation now. ;)

@dibya... go ahead that way, but take a look to his project as well, as we may be able to collaborate all together, which would be awesome. ;)

Surely We can work togetha

Best of Luck Friends for Your Projects . Windows XP Rules Forever. Legends born once not many time and they don't know what death is.

You are correct. Windows XP is last most stable os. Here also Cyber cafe use xp . I asked why they do so they said windows 7/8 need to be reinstall in every month to keep in good shape where xp work flawlessly year after year with ccleaner and ultradefrag .

Edited by Dibya

13 minutes ago, Dibya said:

You are correct. Windows XP is last most stable os. Here also Cyber cafe use xp . I asked why they do so they said windows 7/8 need to be reinstall in every month to keep in good shape where xp work flawlessly year after year with ccleaner and ultradefrag .

Well, not really an endorsement worth anything, any "public" machine (like the ones in Cybercafes, public libraries, and similar) should be ONLY setup with SteadySteate or DeepFreeze or similar.

Anything different from having the machine fully reset to a known state at each user change or - at the very least - daily would be a serious risk of compromising security or privacy of other users.

jaclaz

12 hours ago, jaclaz said:

Well, not really an endorsement worth anything, any "public" machine (like the ones in Cybercafes, public libraries, and similar) should be ONLY setup with SteadySteate or DeepFreeze or similar.

Anything different from having the machine fully reset to a known state at each user change or - at the very least - daily would be a serious risk of compromising security or privacy of other users.

jaclaz

should i ask them them install deepfreeze ? That person is very much close to me.

I got Palemoon Vista Version Working

Please See the attachment

palemoon.jpeg

Edited by Dibya

12 hours ago, greenhillmaniac said:

Would this Compatibility Layer maybe make the mod for AMD drivers you made work, or is this more focused on getting newer apps working, as opposed to drivers?

I am working hard on AMD Driver My friend . Do you won windows 8 32bit?(not 8.1)

I need some files.

First is to get app running next to get driver. Drivers are realy important but harder due to ntoskrnl branch dependencies.

1 minute ago, Dibya said:

I am working hard on AMD Driver My friend . Do you won windows 8 32bit?(not 8.1)

I need some files.

First is to get app running next to get driver. Drivers are realy important but harder due to ntoskrnl branch dependencies.

For Windows 8.0 the drivers work fine (in fact, I made a thread explaining how to install the drivers on 8.0). Is that what you asked? I assume you said "Do you want windows 8 32bit?(not 8.1)"

12 hours ago, greenhillmaniac said:

For Windows 8.0 the drivers work fine (in fact, I made a thread explaining how to install the drivers on 8.0). Is that what you asked? I assume you said "Do you want windows 8 32bit?(not 8.1)"

Yes

2 hours ago, Dibya said:

should i ask them them install deepfreeze ? That person is very much close to me.

Naaah, I was only try to convey the idea that not all endorsement/confirmations/recommendations are good/reliable.

Those that come from people that know where their towel is are generally useful, those coming from evidently clueless people maybe not so much.

jaclaz

Yeah I'm don't mean to endorse (just saying fact). XP of course less secure, every newer kernel is bound to be better. XP is the era when connectivity not (yet) assumed something that I appreciate (e.g. XP have offline documentation). Moreover with internet getting wilder, security expert even make Browser+VM bundle or at minimum Sandboxed, isn't that like not using OS to go online... make the value of secure OS and AV getting less and lesser. Once everything that run must be signed and certified and Win32 abandoned for walled garden framework, we can talk about secure Windows.

17 hours ago, TuMaGoNx said:

Yeah I'm don't mean to endorse (just saying fact). XP of course less secure, every newer kernel is bound to be better. XP is the era when connectivity not (yet) assumed something that I appreciate (e.g. XP have offline documentation). Moreover with internet getting wilder, security expert even make Browser+VM bundle or at minimum Sandboxed, isn't that like not using OS to go online... make the value of secure OS and AV getting less and lesser. Once everything that run must be signed and certified and Win32 abandoned for walled garden framework, we can talk about secure Windows.

I am happy with xp . not got infected since a 8year.

Latest Cyber FOx working with ExtendedXP

9b5e042db9.jpeg

It is blocked with GetVersionExW but my ExtendedXP has GetVersion api mod which show it as a windows 8 computer.

Edited by Dibya

19 hours ago, TuMaGoNx said:

@Dibya

For new Opera/Chrome/Blink/libCEF and others, isn't that thing rather not trivial :gulp:? d3d11, new MediaFoundation (delayload)
no idea..

Addition of function does not make them run