Creating a Full-Blown Compatibility Layer.

Dibya

NTDLL.DLL of 8.1 is perfectly getting loaded into XP but i wonder whether it can cause problems . anyone know

Edit ::
Anyone very good with Portable executable file format , can play with pemaker by blackwingcat to find out how to expand a section without adding another section please help me , i cannot get anything work without breaking a dll

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1313117.html

Edited by Dibya

Dibya: Please do stop asking people to do your work for you! The way to learn what you want to learn is by patient trial-and-error. If there were anybody wishing to tutor/teach you on those things, that person would've contacted you already.

12 hours ago, dencorso said:

Dibya: Please do stop asking people to do your work for you! The way to learn what you want to learn is by patient trial-and-error. If there were anybody wishing to tutor/teach you on those things, that person would've contacted you already.

Sorry I got too much exited . Sorry . Really sorry

On 24/02/2017 at 5:23 PM, Dibya said:

NTDLL.DLL of 8.1 is perfectly getting loaded into XP but i wonder whether it can cause problems . anyone know

Edit ::
Anyone very good with Portable executable file format , can play with pemaker by blackwingcat to find out how to expand a section without adding another section please help me , i cannot get anything work without breaking a dll

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1313117.html

can you edit "Virtual Size" and "RawSize" to expand a section?

2 hours ago, Damnation said:

can you edit "Virtual Size" and "RawSize" to expand a section?

Yes , but i have no idea how to get proper value . I have tried a lot but not got anything more than breaking the pe .

I got a

Cannot find PCI.SYS error trying your disk patch

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional 2tb+ Extended" /kernel=krnldsk.exe /hal=hal64g.dll /fastdetect /PAE /noexecute=alwaysoff

I was using the 64gig patched HAL though, I'll try without it.

EDIT:

Tried normal HAL.DLL, still got the PCI.SYS error

Edited by Damnation

Please change kernel to /kernel=ntkrnlpa.exe or your 64GB Kernel . Ntoskrnl will face problem with cluster manager .

Please replace ntoskrnl otherwise required function will not reach to the required driver .

Edited by Dibya

default ntoskrnl.exe and ntknl64g.exe from earlier RAM patch did not show any 3tb+ disks

I had renamed the ntoskrnl.exe in your disk patch download to krnldsk.exe in case it didn't work - should i rename it to something else?

15 hours ago, Damnation said:

default ntoskrnl.exe and ntknl64g.exe from earlier RAM patch did not show any 3tb+ disks

I had renamed the ntoskrnl.exe in your disk patch download to krnldsk.exe in case it didn't work - should i rename it to something else?

Donot rename . Keep it as ntoskrnl.exe and replace in system32 then use ram patch as you did earlier .

if you rename the kernel , the cluster management driver will not get the required functions .

1 hour ago, Damnation said:

OK

I used ntoskrnl.exe from your download - boots fine - no 3tb+ drive visable

I think it might be the Cluster Server Service is not started? - clicking clussvc.exe shows -  CSSAPI.DLL was not found

That needed only for certain programs . does your drive is gpt ? I will investigate more . Thanks for all testing

Thanks again .

3 hours ago, Damnation said:

yeah, the 3tb drive is GPT formatted.

My friend also informed me . She is telling it is working in some disks but not working in some . She has mailed me all screenshots . I have to investigate .