Creating a Full-Blown Compatibility Layer.

Dibya

4 hours ago, Dibya said:

Should i make a another thread for extendedXP?

No.

THIS thread is ALREADY enough and enough confusing, contradicting itself, etc.

WHEN/IF you will have something that is working, documented (even partially) installable by everyone, etc. THEN it will be the time to make a new "release" thread, as you were just told the present one is good enough for the early experimenters, but until you don't have at least most of the 5 points listed in my previous post the project will look like a h@lf-@§§ed set of semi-random hacks and it is unlikely to attract more users.

jaclaz

First, I agree with the remarks of jaclaz, who has already done a well-founded approach. Secondly, before you re-publish Extended XP, the two files ws2_32.dll and usp10.dll have to be brought to the current security level, thoroughly tested and then with appropriate note, because of the POSReady 2009 updates, first to uninstall Extended XP before the official patches are installed. This makes the matter not easier to times every month a match is pending with possible updating of Extended XP! This has the first priority and afterwards additions can be added so that newer programs can work again.

Incidentally, this corrected installer I have not made available to you with the current files is published, but to the illustrative as one the files are installed correctly and on the other hand because of the corrected version of some files.

:no:

Edited by heinoganda

5 hours ago, heinoganda said:

First, I agree with the remarks of jaclaz, who has already done a well-founded approach. Secondly, before you re-publish Extended XP, the two files ws2_32.dll and usp10.dll have to be brought to the current security level, thoroughly tested and then with appropriate note, because of the POSReady 2009 updates, first to uninstall Extended XP before the official patches are installed. This makes the matter not easier to times every month a match is pending with possible updating of Extended XP! This has the first priority and afterwards additions can be added so that newer programs can work again.

Incidentally, this corrected installer I have not made available to you with the current files is published, but to the illustrative as one the files are installed correctly and on the other hand because of the corrected version of some files.

:no:

I will post tomorrow with some more info.

Fresh install of x86 sp3 slipstreamed with updates ~2014, ExtXp patch installed/rebooted smooth.

I picked some really bad choices to test as far as software goes, so i wasted time. When i get more, will try some other stuff.

6 hours ago, MikeyV said:

Fresh install of x86 sp3 slipstreamed with updates ~2014, ExtXp patch installed/rebooted smooth.

I picked some really bad choices to test as far as software goes, so i wasted time. When i get more, will try some other stuff.

Please can you check your software with dependency walker ? Please

update file

update.inf line:

[LatestUpdateCheck23.Section]
    EqualOp=CheckReg,HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\HotFix\KB3126593",Installed,0x10001,==,1
    Display_String="%LatestUpdateFail%"

KB3126593 KB3126593-v2

Thanks.

With the LatestUpdateCheck queries in the inf file, only regular updates from MS are queried, otherwise this could happen again as with MikeyV and certain unified basic prerequisites are created. Quite simply said every month will be expected after the current updates of MS (Before the official updates of MS, Extended XP is to be uninstalled) will also be an updated extended XP (cumulative). That means nothing else, no official updates or changes from system files, in Windows XP, have to be uninstalled before. As long as there are patches (POSReady 2009) of MS, I see no better handling so that it does not lead to chaos. Then Dibya should communicate accordingly.

:)

Isn't an already compiled build good enough? :dubbio:

You know *like*:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/wined3d4win/

Or you could ask there if you have issues with:

==Source code?==
 There's no source code, I just downloaded Wine via git and cross-compiled the DLLs using mingw32 on Debian for x86.

or, you know, here: https://github.com/adolfintel/wined3d4win

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

On 2017-03-08 at 1:11 AM, MikeyV said:

Any apps like wsuso for xp posready, offline update? Searching around leads me to nothing interesting.

hopefully someone will start one soon.