Creating a Full-Blown Compatibility Layer.

Dibya

Friends i am facing some new problems.

Crome 52 and opera 38 works fine but Crome 53 & opera 39 crashing

screanshots

http://imgur.com/a/80HRa

YCctSyE.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/ytYLU

T2icRQw.jpg

It is a i3 used by my granny when she bored with her nt4.0.

My main rig is currently broken and 6700k run xpx64

This may have some other fault or may my kernel has some problem

Donot think i installed extendedXp on 7 , it is my customized xp sp3 pro with posready patches. Runs very well

Edited by Dibya

That error looks like chrome tried to call a NULL function pointer (JMP to address 0). You could probably try running Chrome in OllyDbg and find out where the crash occurred.

It would be nice if you could combine your efforts with BlackWingCat's KernelEx for Windows 2000, since XP and 2000 are very similar and a lot of the code can be shared.

It's an unhandled exception related to C codes. No idea what chrome is trying to do neither what's the breakpoint while trying to use the compatibility layer. Try to run chrome with --enable-logging --v=1 

Debug logs are stored in the user data directory as chrome_debug.log. The file is overwritten every time Chrome restarts. Start chrome, let it fail, grab the error log, zip it and attach the zip here. ;)

here it is

[0910/191333:ERROR:main_dll_loader_win.cc(199)] Could not find exported function RelaunchChromeBrowserWithNewCommandLineIfNeeded

debugger found some problem in my ntdll.dll

Basically, chrome.exe starts and asks for chrome.dll to load, which uses the C++ Redistributable to load certain things, but then encounter an API call that is supposed to be in the kernel, it asks the ntdll for it (compatibility layer) but it fails not because it's not there, but because something else (not right) is going on. Unfortunately I can't tell you anything else, but it's like trying to look for a needle in a haystack... :(

Thanks FranceBB

Yesterday , I opened my Kernel32.dll and ntdll.dll with ida , I found some terrible mistake done by Me.

I will grab new clean dll and again start from scratch.

This time it will not take time , i got the kernel structure of XP .

Cant wait to try your comp layer.

I really hate to be "that person", but i must ask. Is there any plans for doing the same for XP x64?

Thanks for your efforts to keep XP alive!

5 hours ago, MikeyV said:

Nothing to be sorry about! I was just curious.

Again, thanks for your efforts to keep xp alive :)

These kind of projects generally require a huge amount of work. Doing it for two kernel? Not gonna happen unless you are a Microsoft engineer. :|