HowTo: Fix The Anniversary Services-Name-Bugs_385HE

R4D3

Hey guys,

as you all know, i am not a very big fan of NTFS Rightsmanagement....

- In this Case, MS trapped into their own piece of ....

There are some Services, who cannot be controlled (start/stop/...)
They all have a random Number at the end, like _3565F, so here is the mistake...
But why is that so ? - If you take a look to the Registry service Sektion, you find some doubled entrys

a) one with that random number
b) and another one with different entrys, and: This one has LOCKED permissions !!!

Because of that, the setup make the second wrong entry !

To fix it, - you need to export both entrys of every service, - need to take the ownership, and reset the permissions !
After that, you can delete both entrys, put the regfiles together, and reimport the good entry...

Now, the services work like they have to...
greeting r4

EDIT: Just change the service starttypes, in a admin console with SC (and ignore _xxxx) - call it without and it can be changed - see my serive config - i posted today 21.04.2017

MS_Trapped_Themself.jpg

Edited by R4D3

They provide "Errors" ;) 

I dont like Errors, so this is reason enough to fix it...

- but it seems i am out of Windows 10 for now... - after a re-install (tonight) the activation is lost (what is a bit crazy, cause i thought, that the activation was stored in the bios) - or that MS stored a Win10-Flag on my Serial... - d***, now i have to think if i choose win7 or xp.......

42 minutes ago, R4D3 said:

- but it seems i am out of Windows 10 for now... - after a re-install (tonight) the activation is lost (what is a bit crazy, cause i thought, that the activation was stored in the bios)

Activation is not stored in the BIOS exactly, but similarly this would only be true if you had purchased a computer from an OEM and it came with Windows 10 installed on it.