Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

bigmuscle

Experimental builds

Feedback:  Build #668 runs OK for me, with DWM averaging something like 0.16% (not 16 percent, but a small fraction of 1 percent) CPU usage.

-Noel

Sorry, if my problem is allready known...

When using themeatlas (win8rp.png) in any window with ribbon bug like this

AeroG.jpg

Build 668:

DWM is about 2% CPU for me, and ~170MB RAM.   (ASUS Rampage V Extreme, 5960x, 32GBRAM, Dual 1080i video cards)

8 minutes ago, JoppyFopFop said:

Build 668:

DWM is about 2% CPU for me, and ~170MB RAM.   (ASUS Rampage V Extreme, 5960x, 32GBRAM, Dual 1080i video cards)

Actually, RAM steadily creeping up, now 190MB, is that "normal" for a debug build?

After stopping the task and restarting it, memory seems to have leveled off at about 130MB

Edited by JoppyFopFop

#668 runs very well on my machine, haven't caught any visual glitch yet, RAM usage hovers around 80-90 MB, CPU usage seems normal, around 0.3% maximum when not doing anything, jumps to about 3% when moving mouse around. I have an aging AMD Phenom II x4 920, 4 GB RAM and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (driver version 368.81).

I also haven't been able to reproduce those visual glitches from last time when working in Word 2016 (modal dialog border going fully transparent).

Build #669 - Pre-release, 64 bit
Designed for Windows 10 build 14393
Same as #668 but compiled as release build
Requires sign in to your profile

This build is candidate for the final release. Public installer will be made when 32-bit version is finished.

• Upvote 1

On 2016-09-10 at 2:16 PM, bigmuscle said:

This build is candidate for the final release. Public installer will be made when 32-bit version is finished.

Hi,

I have lost my password. How I can retreive it?

thanks

Edited by wmn
error

5 hours ago, bigmuscle said:

I still only see 668 in the experimental builds page, can you please post a link to 669?  Thanks

#669 working fine here.

Edited by groomp

16 minutes ago, JoppyFopFop said:

I still only see 668 in the experimental builds page, can you please post a link to 669?  Thanks

You need to login to download it.

http://glass8.eu/sign/

Just now, groomp said:

You need to login to download it.

http://glass8.eu/sign/

Ah, total user error, I was certain I'd done that, but must have refreshed the wrong tab or something, now it's indeed there, thank you!

Latest Windows 10 Update (for build 10.0.10586) now breaks Aero Glass v1.4.5 DWM.exe compatibility check:
The following screenshot shows the error 'Failed when trying to download symbols.'  Retrying does not work.

Clicking cancel clears the error and glass effect still provides basic function...

dwm.exe_2016-09-13_22.39.55.png

EDIT: Reinstalling v1.4.5 did the trick and properly re-downloaded a fresh set of symbols.
All is good now.

Edited by JTB3