Experimental builds

This theme works great with Win10 (x64)14393 and AeroGlass rs1-14393-669-x64 release and UxThemeSignatureBypass64.dll.
If you love the Win7 theme, you'll love this one.
Kudos to Sagorpirbd !!!
http://sagorpirbd.deviantart.com/art/Aero-7-Themes-for-Win10-Final-523979941

BTW, AeroGlass rs1-14393-669-x64 release has been working great for me.

16 hours ago, bigmuscle said:

I removed your topic, because you are not allowed to publish here builds which are intended for donators only.

The problem was corrected and the corrected version was re-posted by Tripredacus (supervisor).

Edited by genecooper

6 hours ago, Dreamweaver01 said:

This theme works great with Win10 (x64)14393 and AeroGlass rs1-14393-669-x64 release and UxThemeSignatureBypass64.dll.
Kudos to Sagorpirbd !!!

Using it now and it's awesome indeed. I actually tried to use it back when November Update was released, couldn't get it to work properly, for some reason I didn't think of just using good old UxThemeSignatureBypass DLLs (even though I've been using them back on Win8.1 with similar Win7 theme) instead of that damned UxStyle Patcher/UxThemePacher that managed to stop my graphics driver at each boot among other things. BTW one can take Win7 cursors and sounds from the theme I linked if desired, though some manual tweaks to .theme files are required since sagorpirbd's themes don't include them.

Some more feedback regarding 32-bit #692 build, another more common crashpoint seems to be ntdll.dll, sometimes even if PC is locked and idling.

2 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Using it now and it's awesome indeed. I actually tried to use it back when November Update was released, couldn't get it to work properly, for some reason I didn't think of just using good old UxThemeSignatureBypass DLLs (even though I've been using them back on Win8.1 with similar Win7 theme) instead of that damned UxStyle Patcher/UxThemePacher that managed to stop my graphics driver at each boot among other things. BTW one can take Win7 cursors and sounds from the theme I linked if desired, though some manual tweaks to .theme files are required since sagorpirbd's themes don't include them.

Some more feedback regarding 32-bit #692 build, another more common crashpoint seems to be ntdll.dll, sometimes even if PC is locked and idling.

Yes, the theme by DaMonkeyOnCrack that you linked to is a very good theme. I used it for my Win8.1 theme.
Glad you're enjoying this one.

6 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Then provide minidumps in such case. Just a information about crash is useless.

Here's 6 latest minidumps I could gather: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2DPRdP0LBDGXzhLSXNJUGJsYk0

There's another oddity for which I'm not sure those dumps would reveal anything, it happens if I just let PC idle at the desktop, screen just stops refreshing after a while, only mouse cursor is fine. Then after I shut it down with the power button and back on, I see empty mini dump file. Maybe it's the same bug that happened when the PC was locked, as DWM surely restarted then.

Edit: If I wait for a while, the screen turns off (I have set it to turn off after 10 min of inactivity), then I can wake it up with mouse, but then even the cursor is gone, just blackness. And now it doesn't even respond to shut down button.

Edited by UCyborg

I caught another kind of crash occuring in dwmcore.dll when peeking at the desktop, the previous one occured in d3d11.dll: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2DPRdP0LBDGOWFpN1Z3S094U3M

And here's my debug.log, just in case. So this one and the ones in my previous post are all the dumps I have, I hope they help with debugging.

It should work. Do you also have UxThemeSignatureBypass32.dll installed like 64-bit version? I never tried running without it, but it's a good idea that you install it as well. The only other idea I have, it may conflict with something else you have installed you're not aware of. I have Aero Glass, Classic Shell, OldNewExplorer and both DLLs and there aren't any problems.  I'd also run command sfc /scannow from Command Prompt, just in case, be sure to run it as Administrator. It checks whether you have any corrupted system files and replaces them with good ones, though this may not be it, given that things run well for you without that DLL.

On 27.09.2016 at 7:49 PM, Dreamweaver01 said:

Kudos to Sagorpirbd !!!

Can you show a screenshot with DWM regedit setting, so that i can see how its look like on yours setup? Also what about modern apps with this theme applied?

1 hour ago, UCyborg said:

It should work. Do you also have UxThemeSignatureBypass32.dll installed like 64-bit version? I never tried running without it, but it's a good idea that you install it as well. The only other idea I have, it may conflict with something else you have installed you're not aware of. I have Aero Glass, Classic Shell, OldNewExplorer and both DLLs and there aren't any problems.  I'd also run command sfc /scannow from Command Prompt, just in case, be sure to run it as Administrator. It checks whether you have any corrupted system files and replaces them with good ones, though this may not be it, given that things run well for you without that DLL.

I injected UxThemeSignatureBypass32.dll & UxThemeSignatureBypass64.dll in to AppInit_DLLs as "C:\AEROGL~1\ModernFrame.dll C:\AEROGL~1\UxThemeSignatureBypass32.dll C:\AEROGL~1\UxThemeSignatureBypass64.dll". UXStyle works for me.

If UxStyle works for you, then you probably shouldn't inject UxThemeSignatureBypass DLLs, as they accomplish the same thing, they just do it differently, you either choose UxStyle or UxThemeSignatureBypass DLLs. AFAIK UxThemesignatureBypass DLLs also make title captions for ribbon windows the same color as captions of normal windows, if you set the color in registry. From what I can see, if you'd like to use those DLLs instead of UxStyle, you shouldn't have put path to UxThemeSignatureBypass32.dll in the same AppInit_DLLs as the 64-bit version, but in the 32-bit part of registry, I have it like this:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]
"AppInit_DLLs"="C:\\AeroGlass\\UxThemeSignatureBypass64.dll C:\\AeroGlass\\ModernFrame-x64-Debug.dll"
"LoadAppInit_DLLs"=dword:00000001
"RequireSignedAppInit_DLLs"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]
"AppInit_DLLs"="C:\\AeroGlass\\UxThemeSignatureBypass32.dll"
"LoadAppInit_DLLs"=dword:00000001
"RequireSignedAppInit_DLLs"=dword:00000000

You can save this as .reg file and import it. Also, the latest Anniversary Update compatible ModernFrame.dll is called ModernFrame-x64-Debug.dll. If you renamed it yourself to ModernFrame.dll, then rename it in the above script. I'd leave its name as it is though so it's always obvious that I don't run the final version.

Edited by UCyborg

10 hours ago, daveo76 said:

Does UxThemeSignatureBypass64.dll work for Windows 10 Build 14393.187 x64 with aeroglass beta 1.5 #669 . As when I tried to use it. It causes windows explorer & classic start menu to crash.

I saw corruption of title glow backgrounds on ribbon-enabled windows (e.g., Wordpad, File Explorer) when I tried that combination myself.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

@daveo76

I've managed to reproduce your crash with Explorer, I think it happens when you have CustomThemeAtlas set under DWM settings key in registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM). This setting doesn't seem to be effective with UxThemeSignatureBypass64.dll loaded, just crashes Explorer. But when it's not set, loading custom themes work and Explorer doesn't crash. CustomThemeAtlas setting is meant to be used when you don't want to replace whole theme. So the way it is now, if you want whole custom themes, that setting must be deleted or if you want just custom theme atlases, the DLLs shouldn't be injected. Either way, a slight inconvenience since you can't make a switch without a reboot.

@NoelC

Saw screenshot of that bug before, I'll see if I can try to reproduce it as I haven't seen it on my machine.