Experimental builds

52 minutes ago, raiden89 said:

Okay to answer this simply...

ColorizationBlurBalance = amount of blur/transparency. You can either change that or use the Aero Glass GUI tool that can be found on this forum to simply change a slider to adjust it.

AccentColor = Color for active titlebars. You would need to create a similar REG_DWORD with the name "AccentColorInactive" and specify the hexadecimal value for inactive titlebars. As for color codes, you're on your own. Use AccentColor as an example of where to start.

Good luck.

Thank you for your response.  The AeroGlassGUI tool no longer works with the new builds for the Anniversary Update so instead you have to change registry entries.  I probably just need the place in the registry to make the adjustment and I don't have that.  If you have that, please let me know and I can probably follow bigmuscle's instructions in the original post from there.

1 hour ago, genecooper said:

Hope I'm not being too much of a pain.  I've gotten this far but I'm not sure how to get more transparency in the active and inactive windows and also wouldn't mind changing the color of the inactive window to more of a blue (currently gray).  Sorry, but thank you again.  I've looked at the instructions you mentioned in bigmuscle's first post under build #639, but not getting anywhere.  I'm looking for your post with the spoiler.

I'm not an advanced user but this is the way I change the color and transparency:

0ea02b8a1e6688e0d86bae46bced3d6acc1ca228

Edited by carlitosoo555

44 minutes ago, carlitosoo555 said:

I'm not an advanced user but this is the way I change the color and transparency:

0ea02b8a1e6688e0d86bae46bced3d6acc1ca228

Thanks a lot!  I had to add GlassOpacity and EnableBlurBlend because they weren't there.  I put in the values shown below but for some reason it doesn't change the transparency in the title bar no matter what value I give the GlassOpacity DWORD.

Update: Set to zero and it's better.  Thank you again!

aero_reg.jpg

Edited by genecooper

8 minutes ago, genecooper said:

Thanks a lot!  I had to add GlassOpacity and EnableBlurBlend because they weren't there. 

Did you consider setting GlassOpacity to a lower value?  Hex 55 aka decimal 85 means 85% opaque.  What value do you think might make the title bars less opaque?

Do you not remember seeing the GlassOpacity value I posted, extracted from my settings?

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

36 minutes ago, NoelC said:

Did you consider setting GlassOpacity to a lower value?  Hex 55 aka decimal 85 means 85% opaque.  What value do you think might make the title bars less opaque?

Do you not remember seeing the GlassOpacity value I posted, extracted from my settings?

-Noel

I set it to zero and it's better--no quite as much as I thought.  Found your settings thanks to carlitosoo555.

Edited by genecooper

45 minutes ago, genecooper said:

Thank you for your response.  The AeroGlassGUI tool no longer works with the new builds for the Anniversary Update so instead you have to change registry entries.  I probably just need the place in the registry to make the adjustment and I don't have that.  If you have that, please let me know and I can probably follow bigmuscle's instructions in the original post from there.

Don't know where you got that info but the Aero Glass GUI tool works perfectly fine for me. It adjusts the blur amount and the color opacity. Ive never needed to touch the registry for this.

14 minutes ago, genecooper said:

I set it to zero and it's better--no quite as much as I thought.  Sorry, but I haven't been able to find your post with your values--link to that?

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/175938-experimental-builds/?do=findComment&comment=1129765

Click in "Reveal hidden content"

13 minutes ago, raiden89 said:

Don't know where you got that info but the Aero Glass GUI tool works perfectly fine for me. It adjusts the blur amount and the color opacity. Ive never needed to touch the registry for this.

For me does not work in Anniversary update, only for applying themes.

31 minutes ago, NoelC said:

raiden89 said:

Page 14 of this thread, 10th post from top NoelC quoting daveo76.  Site acting strange--it put in that 'NoelC said.'  Didn't asked for it nor can I delete it.

Edited by genecooper

13 minutes ago, raiden89 said:

Yeah don't know what to tell you. I open it, I can add a glass reflection image and change the blur amount and color opacity just fine. I did not try with atlas files.

I really appreciate your help.  Pretty much satisfied with my setup now.

desltop.jpg

Edited by genecooper

6 hours ago, raiden89 said:

Are you using Windows 10 Anniversary Build 14393 as AeroGlass GUI doesn't work for that. Even few people on here mentioned that. That why I had to manually change the colour settings on AeroGlass reg settings.

8 hours ago, NoelC said:

I sincerely hope you get it working, but I really have to apologize to Big Muscle and everyone else for this conversation having gone on so long.

-Noel

Well, as you can see I got things working properly and to my satisfaction.  Again, I'm sorry if I don't just snap up all the advice in a second, but sometimes what's being referred to by those trying to help is not always as obvious to the one needing help.  Thank you again.

Edited by genecooper

43 minutes ago, genecooper said:

I'm sorry if I don't just snap up all the advice in a second, but sometimes what's being referred to by those trying to help is not always as obvious to the one needing help.  Thank you again.

Hi genecooper.  Good for you for hanging in there instead of feeling unwelcome around here and leaving without resolving your issues.  I'm glad you're up and running and that you're happy with the results.

I have stayed away from any sort of forums now for many years, until now, but I clearly remember those times and also waking up one day, realizing I was one of those posters who gave little regard to 'newbies' who wanted answers to questions that I had worked long and hard for.  I had been posting 'helpful' replies similar to some of the replies you've received here, which really weren't very helpful at all.  Too often, assistance comes in the form of quips and short cryptic replies.  Many are misspelled, missing words, or contain grossly bad grammar.  Some of the worst come from people who post answers based on erroneous assumptions and incorrect versions and circumstances because they did not bother to read all of a questioner's previous posts on the subject.  Some are just plain wrong.

I would like to suggest (humbly, if that's possible) that it is good and proper to 're-answer' previously answered questions or to directly quote a previous answer from within one's reply.  Every question deserves a good answer right then and there, even if it's been asked a few times before.  In this case, with so many ever changing versions of Windows, Aeroglass, installers, themes, etc., the same question asked now may require a different answer than previously.  Also, 'clever' one sentence replies probably deserve a couple more sentences to clarify one or two points within the first.

So, genecooper, I wish that I had been knowledgeable enough about your particular problem(s) to have been able to help you out.

I love Aeroglass and want everyone to have the same experience that I have enjoyed from using it since the middle of 2013.

And since I'm on a roll...

Big Muscle, you da man! :)

-fricku

14 hours ago, genecooper said:

Goodness, all I want is some registry values and the place in the registry to put them--still not found using Noel's suggestions and trying to follow bigmuscle's first post build #639 (that doesn't mention a line in the registry to access the values he mentions that I can see--just the values themselves).  Maybe that's too much too ask.

This will get you started, copy and save to a text file, rename extension to .reg to apply, change the accent colors to the values you desire argb (Alpha, Red, Green, Blue)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]
"AccentColor"=dword:c41f1f1f
"EnableBlurBlend"=dword:00000000
"GlassOpacity"=dword:00000055
"AccentColorInactive"=dword:c41f1f1f

1 hour ago, MrGRiM said:

This will get you started, copy and save to a text file, rename extension to .reg to apply, change the accent colors to the values you desire argb (Alpha, Red, Green, Blue)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]
"AccentColor"=dword:c41f1f1f
"EnableBlurBlend"=dword:00000000
"GlassOpacity"=dword:00000055
"AccentColorInactive"=dword:c41f1f1f

How DARE you assume a user knows what a "registry" is and how the above snippet has anything to do with it.  You need to provide a complete tutorial on registry editing, not to mention a note on what hex vs. decimal is - and what the heck is this Alpha thing you mention?  A dog from a Pixar flick?  How do you "apply"?  What does "argb" mean?  :wacko:

:)

In all seriousness, people asking for help need to put in at least some basic effort.  If not willing to do that, don't post in this thread at all.  Make a new thread, just for you!

Think I'm being abrasive?

From the original post in this thread:

If you don't know how to install it then do NOT ask, because these builds are intended for very advanced users only which should already be familiar with the installation procedure.

If I were a mod I'd move the entire last 3 or 4 pages of drivel into a separate "Help me" thread.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC