Experimental builds

"- it does not work correctly in apps which has their client area extended to the frame (e.g. Edge) - it sometimes works, but sometimes does not"

In such apps like Edge and Onenote all you have to do is maximize and minimize the window twice and Aeroglass work well, at least in my case, it is not a big deal, thanks Bigmuscule for this Modernframe :yes:

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Edited by carlitosoo555

54 minutes ago, dacrone said:

Thanks for the heads up. I have returned that string value to empty and am editing my post for others that read it.

Actually, you should delete the whole Wow6432Node section. I should've clarified, Wow6432Node is for 32-bit DLLS on 64-bit OSes, 32-bit Windows doesn't have Wow6432Node section, just the regular one, so it's sufficient. And since modern apps are either 32 or 64-bit, not both at the same time, there is never a need for 2 separate DLLs, just the one that matches the bitness of installed OS, so the regular entry will do. This is how installer for final version of Aero Glass works, it detects the bitness and installs appropriate ModernFrame.dll and fills in the AppInit_DLLs value under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows

Big Muscle, I just caught a minor ModernFrame glitch...  The border went completely transparent.  I had just clicked on the desktop after the Settings App was current, and it showed the inactive frame briefly, then this.

ModernFrameGlitch.png

-Noel

13 hours ago, carlitosoo555 said:

other theme atlas compatible with the anniversary update, like clsharp?.

Currently you'd have to modify the layout files yourself using BigMuscle's win8rp or NoelC's RoundedCorners layout if you want other themes.

As you can see clsharp is working after modifying the files for it. The layouts I'm using for clsharp should be attached if anyone wants to use them.

57c1dcc177fb6_Screenshot(7).thumb.png.85b4663cccf58e7986f8103e40d1bcc5.png

clsharp layouts.rar

20 minutes ago, Shining Escuridao said:

Currently you'd have to modify the layout files yourself using BigMuscle's win8rp or NoelC's RoundedCorners layout if you want other themes.

As you can see clsharp is working after modifying the files for it. The layouts I'm using for clsharp should be attached if anyone wants to use them.

57c1dcc177fb6_Screenshot(7).thumb.png.85b4663cccf58e7986f8103e40d1bcc5.png

clsharp layouts.rar

Thank you, that's what I was looking for, I 've always used that theme atlas:

original.jpg

On 27/08/2016 at 9:36 AM, dhjohns said:

Well this one sucks.  All I can get for Windows borders is a blue color.  I want black, so this version, unless there is a fix, is totally unusable. :(

Try using these settings for perfect colors on the Windows 10 Black Edition

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]
"AccentColor"=dword:c41f1f1f
"EnableBlurBlend"=dword:00000000
"GlassOpacity"=dword:00000055
"AccentColorInactive"=dword:c41f1f1f
Edited by MrGRiM

Here came a new Windows update KB3176938, and once again, Aero Glass is confused about new dwmcore.dll, and fails to download symbols. Cancelling DWM incompatibility error dialog and letting it work with current knowledge seems to be working at first glance.

Edited by UCyborg

30 minutes ago, UCyborg said:

Here came a new Windows update KB3176938, and once again, Aero Glass is confused about new dwmcore.dll, and fails to download symbols. Cancelling DWM incompatibility error dialog and letting it work with current knowledge seems to be working at first glance.

I have that update and didn't have any error messages and glass is still working fine.

2 hours ago, UCyborg said:

I see the same thing.  The error message *** ERROR: HTTP_STATUS_NOT_FOUND is being returned from the server upon attempt to download a new dwmcore.pdb.

ScreenGrab_NoelC4_2016_09_01_085310.png

Usually what happens in these cases, where it seems to work for some and not others is that another try in the future (e.g., because of a reboot or restart of DWM.exe) ultimately nets a successful symbol file download.

For what it's worth, right at this time I'm waiting for a set of symbols to download into Visual Studio so that I can do some debugging on something completely unrelated to Aero Glass and Win 10, and that's taking an age.  Microsoft's servers are probably overloaded.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

3 hours ago, NoelC said:

I see the same thing.  The error message *** ERROR: HTTP_STATUS_NOT_FOUND is being returned from the server upon attempt to download a new dwmcore.pdb.

ScreenGrab_NoelC4_2016_09_01_085310.png

Usually what happens in these cases, where it seems to work for some and not others is that another try in the future (e.g., because of a reboot or restart of DWM.exe) ultimately nets a successful symbol file download.

For what it's worth, right at this time I'm waiting for a set of symbols to download into Visual Studio so that I can do some debugging on something completely unrelated to Aero Glass and Win 10, and that's taking an age.  Microsoft's servers are probably overloaded.

-Noel

I just did another reboot to see if the incompatibility window came up but still didn't get one, the dwm.exe cmd window does show that dwmcore.pdb cant be found but I am not seeing any other windows aside from the cmd window.

2dbmo3o.jpg

The bug with fully transparent borders, it shows up for me frequently, pretty much all the time, when opening modal dialogs in Micrososft Word (2016). It disappears as soon as something visually changes in it.

I'm finally on the Anniversary Update. Before installing it (over 1511), I took the recommended precautions of disabling aerohost.exe in Task Scheduler and moving the contents of the Aero Glass folder to a different location.

Once the AU was done setting itself up, I downloaded the new Aero Glass experimental build and extracted the files to the Aero Glass folder. Two windows are being opened and I'm hoping that the experts here can describe what they are:

AeroGlass symbols.png

I am especially curious about that "Microsoft.Windows.Explorer" window, it doesn't look like any Windows Explorer window I've ever seen. And, in any case, I thought Microsoft had renamed Windows Explorer to File Explorer?

Aside from that, what do the contents we see in the screenshot mean?

--JorgeA