Experimental builds

8 hours ago, bigmuscle said:

Build #652, 64 bit
Designed for Windows 10 build 14393
Fixed optimization of overlapped dirty regions
Fixed data sharing between more drawings in one pass
Includes new experimental ModernFrame.dll

Deleted task to run previous build. Restarted. Moved C:\AeroGlass to desktop. Extracted new build to a newly created C:\AeroGlass. Applied NoelC's theme skin again. Works as the previous build did... but Modern Apps do not have Glass. Secure is disabled. Am I missing something that must be done for Modern Apps in experimental builds? Thank you for your hard work (I do have a key for final builds, so I am a supporter).

Do you rename "ModernFrame-x64-Debug.dll" to "ModernFrame.dll"? for me works very well in modern apps, btw, there is other theme atlas compatible with the anniversary update, like clsharp?.

original.jpg

Edited by carlitosoo555

Yes, I see the same as carlitosoo555.  Looks nicely integrated.

AG652ModernFrame.png

You just have to make sure the string in AppInit_DLLs exactly matches the name of the DLL.

Only thing I see slightly wrong is you have to just know that to the left of the title in the Settings App is where the back arrow should be.  It works fine, you just don't see it.

-Noel

Disregard. I was in a hurry and forgot to mention to you that this was a fresh reinstall of windows (recently) as well. I had one reg key in the wrong location and was missing one all together. I apologize, this is my first experimental build experience. Thank you for your assistance though! For others that may have this issue as well, this (from another post on this board) fixed it for me:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]
"LoadAppInit_DLLs"=dword:00000001
"RequireSignedAppInit_DLLs"=dword:00000000
"AppInit_DLLs"="C:\\AeroGlass\\ModernFrame.dll"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]

make that a reg file and run it. Ensure ModerFrame.dll is named just like this...

*The second part (Wow6432) is only for 32bit Windows, thus is NOT required.

Edited by dacrone
fixed issue

after a quick glance, it appears as though all modernframes are aero, EXCEPT for Edge... this is what I get on Edge. It is completely missing the top frame. any thoughts on what I may have done wrong now?

Untitled.png

19 minutes ago, dacrone said:

after a quick glance, it appears as though all modernframes are aero, EXCEPT for Edge... this is what I get on Edge. It is completely missing the top frame. any thoughts on what I may have done wrong now?

Untitled.png

You did not do anything wrong, the current version of Aeroglass does not work in Edge:

original.jpg

Edited by carlitosoo555

I forgot to mentioned two known bugs in ModernFrame:

- it does not work correctly in apps which has their client area extended to the frame (e.g. Edge) - it sometimes works, but sometimes does not
- full screen option is broken - if you switch app to fullscreen (e.g. ctrl+maximize button) then you won't be able to return back, because the title does not popout on the upper edge

4 hours ago, carlitosoo555 said:

Do you rename "ModernFrame-x64-Debug.dll" to "ModernFrame.dll"? for me works very well in modern apps, btw, there is other theme atlas compatible with the anniversary update, like clsharp?.

original.jpg

Thanks for the hint, i forgot this too, now it works also good for me, thank you bigmuscle for the Update!:)

2 hours ago, bigmuscle said:

I forgot to mentioned two known bugs in ModernFrame:

- it does not work correctly in apps which has their client area extended to the frame (e.g. Edge) - it sometimes works, but sometimes does not
- full screen option is broken - if you switch app to fullscreen (e.g. ctrl+maximize button) then you won't be able to return back, because the title does not popout on the upper edge

thanks you bigmuscle it works hope you release it soon...

10 hours ago, dacrone said:

Disregard. I was in a hurry and forgot to mention to you that this was a fresh reinstall of windows (recently) as well. I had one reg key in the wrong location and was missing one all together. I apologize, this is my first experimental build experience. Thank you for your assistance though! For others that may have this issue as well, this (from another post on this board) fixed it for me:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]

make that a reg file and run it. Ensure ModerFrame.dll is named just like this...

You don't need ModernFrame.dll under Wow6432Node, which is for 32-bit DLLs only.

6 minutes ago, UCyborg said:

You don't need ModernFrame.dll under Wow6432Node, which is for 32-bit DLLs only.

Thanks for the heads up. I have returned that string value to empty and am editing my post for others that read it.