Experimental builds

Reposting, you guys are really helpful... It takes a few seconds of your precious time to try and replicate this bug.

The stock start menu is glitched when aero glass blur is enabled. Make sure blur radius value is higher than 0 then just resize the start menu.

Can someone replicate this bug?

--Edit--

Place some windows behind the start menu before resizing it.

http://i.imgur.com/lEEF7YB.png

Sometimes, the windows are not visible behind the start menu, disabling aero glass blur solves this problem.

Edited by Tusticles

1 hour ago, Tusticles said:

Reposting, you guys are really helpful... It takes a few seconds of your precious time to try and replicate this bug.

The stock start menu is glitched when aero glass blur is enabled. Make sure blur radius value is higher than 0 then just resize the start menu.

--Edit--

Sometimes, the windows are not visible behind the start menu, disabling aero glass blur solves this problem.

Back in February I put a comment about that in this topic: http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/174668-old-experimental-builds/?page=15#comment-1118985  is not new and not only in the start menu, also in the Action center:original.jpg

Edited by carlitosoo555

1 hour ago, Tusticles said:

--Edit--

Just tried and can't reproduce this bug

19 minutes ago, Tusticles said:

lucky you :P

OK I was able to reproduce this but you forgot to mention one critical thing, you must have a modern app open behind, I opened the weather app and then put vlc on top and then opened the start menu and vlc player didn't show behind the start menu, I also had to make sure the start menu was resized as narrow as can be.

ivwj6w.jpg

r6wfba.jpg

17 minutes ago, MrGRiM said:

OK I was able to reproduce this but you forgot to mention one critical thing, you must have a modern app open behind, I opened the weather app and then put vlc on top and then opened the start menu and vlc player didn't show behind the start menu, I also had to make sure the start menu was resized as narrow as can be.

I had no modern app in the background.

Edited by Tusticles

6 minutes ago, Tusticles said:

I had no modern app in the background.

Well it looked like one, if not then what is that program running in the background, the one with someone's avatar as a queen and saying text channels at the top, looks like a modern app as it is not using the normal explorer windowed edges, regardless this was the only way I was able to reproduce this bug and at least it will be reproducible for others, tbh though who is really going to be bothered about the visibility of a program running behind the start menu, seeing this on a regular basis is highly unlikely, yes it is a bug but not one that would or should be of any consequence.

I can confirm this bug even in build 10586 when modern app is in the background. This seems apply not only for Start menu but for any larger glass area. Could you test what happens with registry settings GlassSafetyZoneMode (DWORD in DWM key) set to 1 ?

bigmuscle thank you for your great work!

I want to ask you please how can I set the opacity in the new build i can't to do that

and I can't find the value "GlassOpacity" in the DWM key in the current user and local machine

section 

i tried to change it in the aeroglassgui it's not working

thanks for your help:)

Edited by Amitay

2 hours ago, bigmuscle said:

I can confirm this bug even in build 10586 when modern app is in the background. This seems apply not only for Start menu but for any larger glass area. Could you test what happens with registry settings GlassSafetyZoneMode (DWORD in DWM key) set to 1 ?

Setting it to 1 seemed to make it worse, not only did it still make things disappear, it also caused strange grey boxes around any animated tiles, it also increased the size of those grey borders with the increase of the blur radius, setting 10 1 would give you a 1px border, increasing the blur radius to 15 gave what looked like a 15px border, setting GlassSafetyZoneMode back to 0 removed these borders again, also these borders were present even with no other open windows in the background.

I would have posted a screen but these boxes were not visible in the screen capture, I could probably capture it on a VM though.

Edited by MrGRiM

1 hour ago, Amitay said:

bigmuscle thank you for your great work!

I want to ask you please how can I set the opacity in the new build i can't to do that

and I can't find the value "GlassOpacity" in the DWM key in the current user and local machine

section 

i tried to change it in the aeroglassgui it's not working

thanks for your help:)

You have to create a new DWORD called GlassOpacity and set it 0-100 default: 68.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]
"AccentColor"=dword:c41f1f1f
"EnableBlurBlend"=dword:00000000
"GlassOpacity"=dword:00000000
"AccentColorInactive"=dword:c41f1f1f

Save that as a reg file and set the values you want for active and inactive accent colors.

Edited by MrGRiM

I caught some small glitches.  I think the flashing cursor in a CMD window (or updates of displayed data) might be helping to bring them out...  Note that the CMD window cursor happens to be over the top of the edge of the PowerShell window...  The cursor happened to be flashed off at the moment of this screen grab.  That's a bit of the edge of the underlying window showing.

http://Noel.ProDigitalSoftware.com/ForumPosts/Win10/14393/SmallGlitches.png

-Noel

Edited by NoelC