Experimental builds

16 hours ago, NoelC said:

AGGlitch.png

I just remembered that you probably still use that experimental "blur-blending" feature which uses ColorizationBlurBalance registry value to blend blur effect with the background. WinRS1 seems to revert ColorizationBlurBalance settings to 1 on every startup, so the blur effect will be almost invisible then. I do recommend to disable this experimental feature.

13 hours ago, NoelC said:

Why would you think you could run Aero Glass for Win 8+ on an insider preview build?  :rolleyes:

-Noel

Runs beautifully on 14901. The 14905 is totally screwed up in regard to themes engine generally, not only DWM and AeroGlass. E.g.: inability to set the theme background and other things. So I suggest to avoid this build.

One thing I've been wondering since Windows 10, why does the default setting TextGlowMode result in caption text being shifted to the right? It happens with Aero Glass whether custom theme atlas is used or not. It worked fine with this theme on WIndows 8.1, no text shifting. I have this disabled, NoelC's RoundedBorders.png doesn't add any glow anyway, and the shifting looks stupid IMO.

Text caption color set to white, which looks good most of the time, but if background where caption resides is brighter, black glow would certainly be useful to make the text readable, which is how Windows 7 behaved out of the box if I remember correctly. Or was it the other way around, black text and white glow in the background. I'd leave the color at default, but auto setting isn't smart enough to figure out when it's more appropriate to color caption white instead of black.

Than it's really weird for you to have blur on taskbar because as BigMuscle's link said:

It will apply glass effect only on the regions which are marked to have blur behind. It does not alter any region behaviour on its own. If some application wants to have glass effect somewhere, it must enable it explicitely. The taskbar belongs to Windows Explorer shell, thus you must enable blur behind on your own by calling DWM API function DwmEnableBlurBehindWindow. Blur effect will also apply tint of glass color.

So, there must by some other tool that calls that dwm DwmEnableBlurBehindWindow function on your system and as a result you have blur in taskbar. In my opinion..

20 hours ago, bigmuscle said:

I just remembered that you probably still use that experimental "blur-blending" feature which uses ColorizationBlurBalance registry value to blend blur effect with the background. WinRS1 seems to revert ColorizationBlurBalance settings to 1 on every startup, so the blur effect will be almost invisible then. I do recommend to disable this experimental feature.

I don't think I left that enabled...  As I recall there were aspects of it I didn't like.   Can you remind me again what registry entry to look for to confirm that I have it disabled?

Win 10 RS1 is definitely reverting something at every startup.

-Noel

The stock start menu is glitched when aero glass blur is enabled. Make sure blur radius value is higher than 0 then just resize the start menu.

Can someone replicate this bug?

--Edit--

Also place some windows behind the start menu before resizing it.

Edited by Tusticles

MrGRiM: I removed your post, because I don't see any sense in it except of creating another neverending flamewar "I donated, I have rights, you have obligations". My simple answer is - no, I have no obligations, I will always develop my software as I want. This topic is about experimental builds testing and any other off-topic posts will be removed.

10 hours ago, bigmuscle said:

MrGRiM: I removed your post, because I don't see any sense in it except of creating another neverending flamewar "I donated, I have rights, you have obligations". My simple answer is - no, I have no obligations, I will always develop my software as I want. This topic is about experimental builds testing and any other off-topic posts will be removed.

Please disregard this post.

Edited by MrGRiM
Not needed

8 hours ago, bigmuscle said:

Then please, do not use it, or just accept that this topic is about experimental builds and NOT about forcing me that I have some obligations.

You have no obligation for aeroglass to continue to work but you should ensure that it does not break the OS when it stops, your software needs some way of detecting if it is compatible and ensuring it will be disabled if it isn't and then stopping itself to avoid it crashing display drivers.

Edited by MrGRiM
reworded

I know what you mean but you could select the better form of saying. You could put it as some decision or feature request and not just saying that I am obligated to do it. Because I am not. Aero Glass v1.4.5 is explicitely said to be designed only for builds up to 10586 and the incompatibility with future Windows version is even explicitely written on the website. If user install some low-level advanced software and then he installs incompatible OS, it is only his responsibility when it stops working and not mine.

On the other side, since AG build 631, when DWM crashes several times in very short time, it will stop DLL injection completely.

Build #639, 64 bit
Designed for Windows 10 build 14393
Fixed DLL injection when system boots up too fast
Fixed optimization of dirty regions
Changed the way how it deals with colorization settings:
* AccentColor (DWORD 0xFFBBGGRR) - color of active window frame
* AccentColorInactive (DWORD 0xFFBBGGRR) - color of inactive window frame
* GlassOpacity (DWORD, default: 68) - amount of glass opacity (0-100) or amount of blur blend with the background (10-100, see following settings)
* EnableBlurBlend (DWORD 0 or 1) - 0 (default) means that blurred background is just overlaid with the AccentColor using the specified opacity; 1 means that the AccentColor is blended together with the background color using the specified opacity (the main difference is just the formula for putting blur and AccentColor together)

Old ColorizationXXX settings values are ignored, because Win10 build 14393 always reset them to default under certain circumstances. I also think that those old ColorizationBalances and Afterglows are not needed anymore.
There still can appear some random glitches. I currently do not know the cause but I would like to know if they appear often or they are very rare.
If you have some other decision how to deal the colorization settings, you can put it here.

http://glass8.eu/win_future.html

Edited by bigmuscle

hello, bigmuscle will be a x86 experimental buil? i'm on Insider 14905 x86, installed 1.4.5 to experiment (yeah, i know that is nit fir this build but i want to try), almost perfect :D

Spoiler

p3r7lzrv.png  i8i86b35.png  58wow3of.png  

but when i use Black Glass Enhanced and i move cursor over window or move the windows i get that ugly bug :). cheers

Edited by drakulaboy