XP fixes

Has anyone one put together a big zip file or something with all the critical updates after SP1? I'm bulding my own unattened CD and i'm downloading all the hofixes manually, i was wondering if their was an easyer way. oh, BTW i have crappy dial up, like 2.0k/s downloads.... so one nice zip or rar would be nice... thanks

there is a package i forgot its name auto update?

auto patch? I totally forgot its name.

but there is that something u're looking for

if not ms do provide something like that..

Its AutoPatcher XP

http://www.autopatcher.com/

oh, BTW i have crappy dial up, like 2.0k/s downloads.... so one nice zip or rar would be nice... thanks

That's gonna take a while, I think the Feb release was 275mb.

I'll have to think about it.

The XP Security Pack 2.001 will be outdated soon, and I'm not sure how the updates are packaged on the Windows Security Update CD which I will have to check later.

The thing is, if I told users on the site to get the hotfixes from those two alternatives instead, they will come back to complain there's still updates on WU. Doing a clean install and checking WU for the latest updates, OR this list will make sure they have the latest.

Don't go spreading this around or you'll put me out of a job. :)

http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/d...?corporate=true

The security pack can't be updated as often as Microsoft release another security hotfix - that would be impractible. But it will give you a headstart after a reinstall of XP rather than having to use Windows Update from fresh. The package is not meant as a replacement for Windows Update, it has been compiled so that you can quickly and easily update your system after a reinstall of XP. We'll have to see how many bugs Windows XP Service Pack 2 introduces but if it seems pretty stable, there will be no further need for a security pack. Let's just wait & see.

Well, for a security pack untill there are soo many hotfixes to Service Pack 2 :)

as for the link to WIndows update, it's also in the hotfix sticky. I think for Javascript update? It's in teh Type2 section, I kno that :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...