Actress with a PhD in Neuroscience

Monroe

There have been many people in show business that actually went to college for a degree while in their teens and early twenties ... Jodie Foster and Brooke Shields come to mind. Just read this today about Mayim Bialik ... what a resume. I knew of her and her name but not much else.

She had on her resume as she did an audition for the third season of "The Big Bang Theory" ... a TV show in the US.

From the article below:

"At her audition, she said her resume raised some eyebrows.

“Under miscellany, it said, like: ‘Speaks Spanish, Hebrew, Yiddish. PhD in neuroscience.’ Because I felt like it should go on a resume. Like, I worked seven years for that,” she recalled."

I'm impressed with the PhD ... curious how many actors have a "PhD"? I watched the show the first two seasons (so long ago) and drifted away from it afterwards. Really amazing ... they made her character in the show a neuroscientist.

Mayim Bialik thought 'Big Bang Theory' was a game show before she joined

August 09, 2016

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/08/09/mayim-bialik-thought-big-bang-theory-was-game-show-before-joined.html

Mayim Bialik is now a staple on “The Big Bang Theory” but back when she was cast on the show, she had no idea what it was.

“I had never seen it. I had heard about it and thought it was a game show, ’cause someone told me I was mentioned on it, I think in the first season,” she told the crowd at the #BlogHer2016 Experts Among Us Conference in Los Angeles on Friday, ETCanada reports.

The actress first appeared on the show during its third season.

At her audition, she said her resume raised some eyebrows.

“Under miscellany, it said, like: ‘Speaks Spanish, Hebrew, Yiddish. PhD in neuroscience.’ Because I felt like it should go on a resume. Like, I worked seven years for that,” she recalled.

But she said “Big Bang” co-creator Bill Prady wasn’t sure what to make of it.

“[Prady] was at my audition, and he’s like: ‘Is this for real?’ And I was like, ‘Yeah.'”

Bialik’s character ended up being a neuroscientist because of the starlet’s real-life expertise.

“Bill Prady was quoted somewhere as saying, ‘We made her a neurobiologist so Mayim could fix things if they’re wrong,'” she said. “Any good actor has to pretend to be what they’re not, so I actually feel like they must not have thought very much of me.”

Edited by monroe