Sweet 1607

maxXPsoft

Used Media Creation Tool to get iso

Win 10 Home Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.164) Try Pro next but time for work

Used Noels Retweaker script 1.8 in VirtualBox and it removed all but Candy Crush icon. Even Cortana gone with icon left to hide

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Select Name, PackageFullName

Name                                  PackageFullName
----                                  ---------------
Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_10.0.10586.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
windows.immersivecontrolpanel         windows.immersivecontrolpanel_6.2.0.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
king.com.CandyCrushSodaSaga           king.com.CandyCrushSodaSaga_1.68.500.0_x86__kgqvnymyfvs32

Your remaining proisioned Apps:

Get-AppXProvisionedPackage -Online | Select PackageName
Press any key to continue . . .
Edited by maxXPsoft

I'm actually a bit behind you on this one.  The update is at 87% for me in my VMware VM.

Glad to hear my script hasn't been made toothless.

Did it give any indication why the game wouldn't delete?

-Noel

On my Pro system it removed all the Apps, leaving only the two expected (Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost and windows.immersivecontrolpanel).  I'm happy. 

It will need a few updates.  For example, I notice there's another new "Unistack Service Group" member not being removed, and something that was being disabled in the scheduled tasks list no longer exists.  I imagine there will be a bunch of new scheduled tasks that will need removing as well.

-Noel

12 hours ago, NoelC said:

I'm actually a bit behind you on this one.  The update is at 87% for me in my VMware VM.

Glad to hear my script hasn't been made toothless.

Did it give any indication why the game wouldn't delete?

-Noel

None, your script fly by so fast I seen the errors you described above, only 2. Candy Crush is one can right click on Start menu and do Uninstall anyway

This is still much better than expected, last time it left quite a bit after a full install. I went ahead and updated my stock system with this release and another thing is it is not bringing back all the crapola

Something you may add to script

I started using something a couple months back where I block all updates even defender by setting my system to ethernet as metered. When it starts complaining I go look and see what it wants to update. I have to allow before it will download any updates.

Echo To set Ethernet as metered, you'll need to change value of Ethernet to 2 but Windows will not allow you to change its
Echo  value as you wouldn't have required permissions.
Echo.
SetACL -silent -ot "reg" -on "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\DefaultMediaCost" -actn setowner -ownr "n:Administrators"
SetACL -silent -ot "reg" -on "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\DefaultMediaCost" -actn ace -ace "n:Administrators;p:full"
REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\DefaultMediaCost" /f /v "Default" /t REG_DWORD /d 2
REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\DefaultMediaCost" /f /v "Ethernet" /t REG_DWORD /d 2
REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\DefaultMediaCost" /f /v "WiFi" /t REG_DWORD /d 2

Something that totally confuses me, my winver say 1511 (OS Build 10586.164). Last update July 12, 2016 (OS Build 10586.494)

Updates for Windows 10 Version 1607 August 2, 2016 — KB3176929 (OS Build 14393.10)

I see for download elsewhere Windows 10 Ver.1607 Anniversary Update RTM 14393.0.160715-1616

WTH

Edited by maxXPsoft

Your right and don't know how that happen. Then I forgot to update the metered connection block and it just installed OS Build 10586.494. Time for a full install

install.esd in sources is dated 8/2/2016

Edited by maxXPsoft

On 8/3/2016 at 10:47 AM, NoelC said:

Sounds like maybe you have somehow managed to accumulate an incomplete update.  I have no idea how that could even be possible.

What I'm seeing...

1511 don't have a direct upgrade. I found an Windows10Upgrade28084.exe could install and do it so I just put on 14393.0 which upgraded to 14393.10.

Ran script but had to reboot and run it twice

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Select Name, PackageFullName

Name                                  PackageFullName
----                                  ---------------
Microsoft.BioEnrollment               Microsoft.BioEnrollment_10.0.14393.0_neutral__cw5n1h2txyewy
Microsoft.Windows.CloudExperienceHost Microsoft.Windows.CloudExperienceHost_10.0.14393.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_10.0.14393.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
windows.immersivecontrolpanel         windows.immersivecontrolpanel_6.2.0.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy

Your remaining proisioned Apps:

Get-AppXProvisionedPackage -Online | Select PackageName
Press any key to continue . . .

On the Bio this was error. Weird cause it saying it is installed

Remove-AppXPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF1, Package was not found.
Windows cannot remove Microsoft.BioEnrollment_10.0.14393.0_neutral__cw5n1h2txyewy because the current user does not
have that package installed. Use Get-AppxPackage to see the list of packages installed.
NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 8c0091d8-ef2a-0000-3894-008c2aefd101 in the Event Log or use
the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID 8c0091d8-ef2a-0000-3894-008c2aefd101

On 3/8/2016 at 5:47 PM, NoelC said:

Sounds like maybe you have somehow managed to accumulate an incomplete update.  I have no idea how that could even be possible.

What I'm seeing...

RecentlyUpdated.png

-Noel

wait what? there's a script, where.

I have written and published a re-tweaker script which makes a valiant attempt to return a Win 10 system to be a lean, desktop-only, private, non-cloud, secure, local-account-based system

It shuns ALL the new stuff, deinstalling as many Apps as it can get away with and even removing the App Store in an irreversible way.

I developed this for me, so that each new release of Windows 10 would not cost me another week or more of time to bring it up to my standards owing to Microsoft's having reverted all their settings to their preferences and having reinstalled all the stuff I removed.

It embodies MY goals for running Windows 10 - no one else's, though I do ask some questions.  But to be clear, I have really only tested it with all questions answered Y (yes).  I simply haven't had time to turn it into a general purpose re-tweaker.

It contains the mechanics for removing things that are difficult otherwise to remove, so conceivably it could be useful to others as a template for THEIR needs.

I caution you to be VERY SURE you don't want Apps, OneDrive, Settings Sync, a Microsoft Account, or anything that Microsoft has added since Windows 8 before running it.  And to be able to restore your system if something goes wrong!

With all that said, you can learn more about it here: 

http://win10epicfail.proboards.com/thread/100/interested-participating-tweaker-development-test

-Noel

P.S., I probably need to do more to it if I can EVER find more time, because the system settles to 6 more processes running than in version 10586, without having added any substantial new functionality that makes a desktop-only system more capable.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

On 8/5/2016 at 2:26 PM, NoelC said:

-Noel

Noel

On the Sphinx Firewall when first installing there are 2 options. Do you check the 2nd option Enable Remote access and control? I'm not sure what it is

I do select first and then tune to what I want and export later

http://imgur.com/a/Rbo1h

Edited by maxXPsoft

On 8/5/2016 at 11:41 AM, maxXPsoft said:

1511 don't have a direct upgrade. I found an Windows10Upgrade28084.exe could install and do it so I just put on 14393.0 which upgraded to 14393.10

Do you mean that KB3176927 doesn't update a 10586 to 14393? I am working on that now, and the download is 800MB but only have the 16MB file for DISM to put in my image. I did this already without error, but nothing seems changed.

10 hours ago, Tripredacus said:

Do you mean that KB3176927 doesn't update a 10586 to 14393? I am working on that now, and the download is 800MB but only have the 16MB file for DISM to put in my image. I did this already without error, but nothing seems changed.

Nope

KB3176927 only updates 14393.0 to 14393.10

Can get Windows10Upgrade28084.exe 17mb from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12387/windows-10-update-history and it will update 1511 but it may be like a full install, I didn 't do it. I just used MediaCreationTool but if you are running 1511 it will download a 1511 version or did for me on 8/2. So I fired up a VM and put on a 14* ver and used MediaCreationTool

Was disappointed, don't know why they forked these into 2 different versions 1511 and 14393 and in the end took away 1511 possibly. May go back and see what happens in a vm.

Edited by maxXPsoft