775I65G mod bios for support Wolfdale cpu?

Zollex

I'm not familiar with that board, but from a quick Google search it appears that the 3.0 revision of the board can support Wolfdale (a BIOS version 3.2 and a beta BIOS version 3.22 were mentioned as well so it may need this even on the 3.0 board?). Looks like it has a AMI BIOS though.. I wouldn't choose this board for a 9x setup myself but to each his own. If I wanted Socket 775 + AGP I would look for a DFI LanParty 875P-T or 865PE-T (these are rare!), but unless you need AGP there's no reason not to use a PCI-E board and an NVidia 7xxx card.

4 hours ago, LoneCrusader said:

I'm not familiar with that board, but from a quick Google search it appears that the 3.0 revision of the board can support Wolfdale (a BIOS version 3.2 and a beta BIOS version 3.22 were mentioned as well so it may need this even on the 3.0 board?). Looks like it has a AMI BIOS though.. I wouldn't choose this board for a 9x setup myself but to each his own. If I wanted Socket 775 + AGP I would look for a DFI LanParty 875P-T or 865PE-T (these are rare!), but unless you need AGP there's no reason not to use a PCI-E board and an NVidia 7xxx card.

Ah, I'm on the 2.0 board so that makes sense, pretty sure mine doesn't support Wolfdale. However I did get a decent Celeron 775 socket CPU for about $5 on ebay

• 11 months later...