Watch Netflix offline

leemonade

Hey guys, 

I just started using NEtflix and i'm not familiar with it yet. I'm not able to be online whenever i want to, so i can't watch movies when i want to watch them. Does Netflix provide an offline service? Or are there any other possibilities for me?

Cheers :) 

Well, if you google for "record netflix" you will be offered a number of ways, though Netflix (rather obviously) is not particularly happy about the idea (and actually in theory prohibits it):

https://consumerist.com/2015/11/06/you-can-record-movies-off-netflix-or-music-off-spotify-but-youre-not-allowed-to/

•Netflix: Section 6E specifies, “You agree not to archive, download (other than through caching necessary for personal use), reproduce, distribute, modify, display, perform, publish, license, create derivative works from, offer for sale, or use (except as explicitly authorized in these Terms of Use) content and information contained on or obtained from or through the Netflix service without express written permission from Netflix and its licensors.”

but time-shifting is admissible, according to a historical 1984 sentence, something we need to thank Sony and Betamax for, and maybe (or maybe not) what the Netflix guys call "caching" is exactly what you would like to do, but you will need to use a third party program or service, there are tens of such, here is a starting point:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2048278/how-to-download-streaming-media-and-watch-it-anywhere-anytime.html

jaclaz

jaclaz is right! With signing up to Netflix you agree to the terms of agreements so they are legal protected. But if you still want to record movies there is a third party software from Audials. It's a software you have to pay for but with downlaoding one season it's still cheaper than buying every DVD :) And from the legal point of view : I think if you keep everything on your owon computer/hard disk and don't give it to a third person it should be ok :) 

Edited by Tripredacus
removed link

Hi guys,

I read that an offline feature at Netflix could be available pretty soon...

Does someone know something concrecte about it? And does this download thing mean I will be able to capture all my favourite movies and series on my hard disk for later watching? I hope someone knows more about it... ;-) Bye.

21 minutes ago, Alexa_91 said:

Hi guys,

I read that an offline feature at Netflix could be available pretty soon...

Does someone know something concrecte about it? And does this download thing mean I will be able to capture all my favourite movies and series on my hard disk for later watching? I hope someone knows more about it... ;-) Bye.

Allow me to doubt :dubbio:that there will be an "official" provision for that, see also:

Where did you actually read that? :unsure:

jaclaz

• 2 years later...