PreSonus FirePod (FP10) Firewire Audio Interface Won't Sync on XP

cc333

Hi,

I just got this second-hand audio interface at the local music shop, and I was eager to try it out on XP, since it was officially supported (unlike my Focusrite, which is mentioned in another thread), but it won't work!

I can get it to work perfectly on OS X and Windows 7, so I know the interface is working properly. It just won't work on XP, yet it is recognized and at least part of the driver installs correctly. Trouble is, it never syncs up with the computer, and it never shows up under Audio devices in Device Manager (it does on 7). So, I've surmised that it must be an XP problem. With that in mind, I reinstalled XP from scratch, and I still have the same issue.

Anyone here have any ideas? It's not super critical that I get it working on XP, but it would be nice.

c

8 hours ago, cc333 said:

Hi,

I just got this second-hand audio interface at the local music shop, and I was eager to try it out on XP, since it was officially supported (unlike my Focusrite, which is mentioned in another thread), but it won't work!

I can get it to work perfectly on OS X and Windows 7, so I know the interface is working properly. It just won't work on XP, yet it is recognized and at least part of the driver installs correctly. Trouble is, it never syncs up with the computer, and it never shows up under Audio devices in Device Manager (it does on 7). So, I've surmised that it must be an XP problem. With that in mind, I reinstalled XP from scratch, and I still have the same issue.

Anyone here have any ideas? It's not super critical that I get it working on XP, but it would be nice.

c

your previous audio box has no dependency issue and should work with xp

On Tuesday, August 02, 2016 at 10:29 AM, cc333 said:

OK. I can't get it to work out of the box, though. Is there some special process that I need to go through to prepare XP for the driver?

c

i have no knowledge with such hardwares

Hmm, OK. I guess I'll just let it sit on the back burner for awhile then. I have everything working perfectly fine on Windows 7 and OS X, so there's no urgent need to get this working right away.

Thanks for the help!

c

On 8/6/2016 at 1:42 AM, cc333 said:

Hmm, OK. I guess I'll just let it sit on the back burner for awhile then. I have everything working perfectly fine on Windows 7 and OS X, so there's no urgent need to get this working right away.

Thanks for the help!

c

You are welcome , I'm still wondering what's wrong...