Windows 2000 Audio Issue

I installed a fresh copy of 2000 on a Dell Latitude D630 (official Win2k drivers available) and for the life of me, I can't get the audio to work. I thought it was just a driver/hardware issue, but the issue also persists to my USB soundcard device, which works perfectly fine on another Windows 2000 machine using the same driver. All the options in "Sounds and Multimedia" => "Audio" are disabled. Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

Try having a look in device manager as it might come up as "Unknown device" or something similar. If it is, you could try pointing the new driver to wherever the Dell sound drivers were extracted.

4 hours ago, Kippykip said:

Try having a look in device manager as it might come up as "Unknown device" or something similar. If it is, you could try pointing the new driver to wherever the Dell sound drivers were extracted.

The drivers for both the internal speakers and the USB card are installed and working. I tried the USB card in another Win2k machine, using the exact same driver, and it works fine. The internal speakers are using the driver from Dell and are installed perfectly. Both drivers show up under Sound Devices in DM and show no errors or exclamation points. It's showing the same symptoms as an XP box with "Windows Audio" service not started, but Win2k doesn't have the Windows Audio service.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I have USP5 and UUR installed.

Edited by rn10950

If you installed the sound driver *after* UUR, reinstall UURollup. I dunno why but there's a thing it does that if you install a sound driver afterwards, it'll disable all audio until you install UURollup again.